Exhuasts coming soon.

Rear_zpstqh1arfx.jpg

These were made by modifying and adapting the exhausts Alexander made for the MiG-29M/K kit (also used for the Zactomodels Revell correction set).

They are now full depth.

Side1_zpslrhv7b58.jpg

Side_zpsjfyinabj.jpg

Side2_zpslxd5xwlb.jpg

I'm working on instruction the sheet and production molds and expect to release them soon.

Parts_zpsdsib6usv.jpg

:cheers:

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 1:23 PM, Tomcatfreak said:

Chris, do you plan more stuff for the Trumpy MiG´s?

I'm open to suggestions.

Here's what I've got so far:

Chaff dispensers

Chaff_1_zpsuwxj1rnw.jpg

Chaff_2_zpsmbj7l46p.jpg

Wheels

Wheels_zps3nic0mzt.jpg

Pylons

MiG-29_Pylons_zpsdaimkcbh.jpg

And missiles

Russian_Missiles_zpsvnjtryhw.jpg

I'll be updating my website in the coming days with a section for the Trump MiGs.

Hi Chris,

thank you for the update! How about a correct centerline fuel tank? Revell and Trumpeter arn´t correct. The APU tunnel is missing and the new Trumpy kits fuel tanks have positiv panellines...

Maybe you can also add a 4th weapon pylone to your collection. The BD3-UMK2B pylone is often seen on the Fulcrum. The MiG-29 can carry the big rocket pods and bombs on this pylone.

And what about a FOD set for the intakes and the plattform on top of the fuselage to cover the small intakes there?

On 3/14/2018 at 4:42 PM, Tomcatfreak said:

How about a correct centerline fuel tank? Revell and Trumpeter arn´t correct. The APU tunnel is missing and the new Trumpy kits fuel tanks have positiv panellines...

Maybe you can also add a 4th weapon pylone to your collection. The BD3-UMK2B pylone is often seen on the Fulcrum. The MiG-29 can carry the big rocket pods and bombs on this pylone.

And what about a FOD set for the intakes and the plattform on top of the fuselage to cover the small intakes there?

Thanks for the suggestions Stephan :cheers:

I'll consider these but anticipate being pretty busy in the near future...

Corrected nosecone.

Nose_1_zpsyo5mubfb.jpg

The new nosecone is longer, has a corrected shape and a much finer pitot. It also corrects the cross section which is supposed to be round.

It will include a bulkhead that spreads the kit fuselage to better accommodate the round nosecone.

Nose_2_zpsazsqmgd0.jpg

Advanced warning!!! :bandhead2:

There will be some sanding and putty work necessary to make it fit.

Nose_3_zpsg7h3gttm.jpg

Here is how it fits without the bulkhead:

Nose_4_zps90cljgos.jpg

Unfortunately with the odd shaped forward fuselage it was impossible to make a bolt-on accurate part.

My other option would have been to take this nosecone and file and sand it to where it does fit the fuselage without thebulkhead. It would still be a big improvement on the kit part but not as accurate as what I am providing. This is something you as a model maker can choose to do if you'd rather not use the bulkhead.

I slightly revised the shape of the outer exhaust petals to have a more accurate shape.

This is closer to the original part that Alexander made which I had to modify to fit, but didn't quite nail the shape.

Top is the new shape. Lower is the previous version that had too much curve on the petals.

Side_rev1a_zpszjdegprv.jpg

On 3/16/2018 at 1:07 AM, karl h said:

chris, how is the rest of the fuselage?

It's got some problems but it's currently the best MiG-29 in 1/32... :doh:

The spine does not have a round enough cross section.

The engine humps aren't beefy enough towards the rear.

The lerx need to be extended forward a bit. The ones on the kit fade away where they should become sharper and extend forward.

The sides of the fuselage next to the cockpit lack the subtle vertical flat area.

The canopy (it's Trumpeter) should have a slightly higher arch (front view) and be a little more bulbous towards the rear (in side view).

Most would probably not notice these things unless they were very familiar with the MiG-29 and have a good eye for shapes.

There may be other things (very likely), but I've just been concentrating on the bigger issues where aftermarket can make a big difference. :santa:

I'd say it's an OK model. With some aftermarket it can be really nice. With some extra TLC it could be great.

Edited by Zactoman
On 3/25/2018 at 10:40 AM, Alpagueur said:

the big problem in my opinion is that the engine nacelles are excessively spaced...

Yeah, forgot to mention that one... Being on the underside it doesn't bother me as much as what's visible looking down on the kit.

It is sad though. Alexander sent me his beautiful scratch-built open air-brake that he made for his "Franken-MiG" but it won't fit the Trump kit.

9 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Alexander sent me his beautiful scratch-built open air-brake that he made for his "Franken-MiG" but it won't fit the Trump kit.

any chance to cast it and sell it together with the other goodies in the combo set?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just adjusted the pricing (lowered!!! :clap2:) on the BIG Combo with all Archer or all Aphid load-outs.

I apparently screwed up and forgot to include the discount when I created the web page so was asking full price. :bandhead2:

• 3 months later...

Hey Chris,

With the soon to be released Fulcrum C from Trumpy, do you have any insight to that kit and your upgrades? By looking at the sprue shots it appears both the upper and lower fuselage components were (had to be) new molds. I'm curious if they took the time to fix the profile contour and shape.

TIA

7 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

With the soon to be released Fulcrum C from Trumpy, do you have any insight to that kit and your upgrades? By looking at the sprue shots it appears both the upper and lower fuselage components were (had to be) new molds. I'm curious if they took the time to fix the profile contour and shape.

No insight here. I haven't seen sprue shots yet (link?), been too busy to look.

I doubt they would have re-tooled any of the parts that my products replace.

I can't imagine that they would have fixed any overall contour and shape discrepancies that didn't relate strictly to the spine and wingtips (curious to see if they got those right!).

1 hour ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

Thanks for the link.

It appears to share the same sprues as the A, so yes my parts will fix those areas.

As far as I can tell they didn't fix any of the other issues I listed above.

The new C spine looks to be a bit wide and flat towards the rear but I'll need better pics to confirm. The C wingtips look OKish from the top. It'll be interesting to see if they got the funky contours on the underside of the wingtip correct.

• 3 years later...