Kinetic Mirage 2000D w/extras

A very poor fitting, Kinetic Kit somewhat inaccurate example of the “Deux” as it is called by the Armée de l'air. I used the new Eagle Aviation Mirage 2000 book as a reference. The book is beautiful and anyone wanting to build the 2000 series it is a must have. My thanks to Ilas and his crew at 48ers and those with him who made the book.

This model has a number of additions/improvements:

1.     Wolfpack Mirage 2000D cockpit (Inaccurate and poor fittting but with good detail)

2.     Aires Mirage 2000 Exhaust nozzle (great detail)

3.     Skunkworks French Armament including proper pylon system for the two (2) GBU-22 bombs

4.     L’Arsenal Damocles Laser Targeting Pod with correct NAHAT FLIR Pylon.

5.     Decals by DXM:  60th anniversary of the Escadron De Chasse 03-003 "Ardennes" Fighter Squadron in 2003.

6.     Paint by Xtracolor : Proper Mirage Dark Grey with Dark Green in wraparound scheme. Followed with a semi-gloss clear coat and washed with Grime.

My first model to post here. I have another one to follow over the coming weeks. The Mirage was a break from my clearing the shelf of DOOM. Sorry about the photos I'll use the DSLR as soon as I have a better photo booth setup (Using the spray booth now)

CVL9IC.jpgH77rv6.jpgO8yF7l.jpgS4njSz.jpg

Edited by Mr Matt Foley