How to convert a 1/48 HB A-6A into EA-6A ?

Hi guys,

I plan to bulid an EA-6A in 1/48......

Now, I need some advise from you,  as I would like to convert a HobbyBoss 1/48 A-6A in an "Electric Intruder"

Is the A-6A a good start point for an EA-6A?

I have from Wolfpack Design the EA-6A Cockpit (for Revell) and EA-6B  Correction Set (48081) with the  ALQ-99 Pods, Tail Tip and some antennas.

Do I need to change also some other areas on the fuselage? Radom? Antennas? Access Panels?

Regards,

Seaknight

You already know about the nose shape. The wingtip split aileron/speedbrake was eliminated on this variant. Ailerons remained, speedbrake eliminated. The fuselage speedbrakes WERE kept and not locked/eliminated on this variant. Not too knowledgeable on the Intruders, so that's about all the help I can give. Hope this helps you out.

DET1460

HI,

Interesting project and i have the same.

I have A-6A Hobby Boss & Revell EA-6A kits with Impact Decals for VMCJ-2 Playboys markings.

Wolfpack sets are great to update it and it's possible to used Verlinden cockpit or BlackBox cockpit.

I think that the best way to have a "modern" EA-6A.

The ALQ-76 ECM pod is from Revell kit and used on EA-6A.

I'm not sure about ALQ-99 are used on EA-6A.

The Aerofax book about Electric Intruder & Prowler is great to help build.

Cheers

SPang

23 hours ago, Seaknight said:

Does the Revell 1/48 EA-6A have the correct Radom shape? 

If I recall correctly the Revell EA-6A has the correct radome. The fuselage parts in the kit are completely different than the Revell A-6E kit. The Electric Intruder had an elongated nose v the standard Intruder.