Spitfire FR IX Wings

Information I have found (Spitfire Revisited) states that all factory FR IXs made used only C wings but don't say which C wing but they were all issued to  PR Squadrons just after D day to use on the continent and they mention the new cannon feeds so I would guess they are narrow bulged C wings and suspect the Late C kit would be the one. They also state they were all PRU Pink and originally had full D-day markings, later going to just undersides. However this is probably just for the ones issued to the British PRU squadron as I note some served elsewhere in standard day fighter cammo such as with 414 Squadron RCAF as shown in the Aviaeology documentation but note that those machines are all IXCs as well which bears out that they were all IXCs and are illustrated with narrow bulges so I would use the Late C kit. The planes Aviaeology illustrate with E wings are MkXIVs. Of course someone could have field modified a IXE but it looks like official production used a late C model. What scheme were you looking at and is there a photo with a serial visible?

There were also 18 PRIXs (3 converted from Mk Vs) made from early MkIX production but of course these had PR wings with no armament. 

Edited by RCAFFAN