Roden 1/48th scale OV-1B Mohawk

I built this one some time ago. I recently updated the base and model. I have a habit of going back and testing new ideas on models I had already built.  This one was originally sitting on a tarmac print from Verlinden. Not to exciting of a display I thought. I took this opportunity to try and improve on my ground work on both sides of the runway. (Taxiway is 150 grit sandpaper cut into squares). Two things I don't enjoy doing, Ground work on diorama's, and figures. As far as the model goes, the original  kit decals were awful. All of them silvered badly, no matter how much decal solution I used. I painted over the old ones, and applied new ones from my decal stash. I had quite a few 1/35th scale U.S. Army  helicopter decals from a Dragon kit. That's what I used on this one. The Dragon decals were fantastic to work with. The only thing I added to the original construction was a resin cockpit with photo etch. One thing about the kit that stood out when I originally built it was how soft, and pliable the plastic was. Weird.https://www.flickr.com/gp/159342774@N07/4qedUU

Nice looking Mohawk!

I've got one in the stash, I hope it looks as good. Also, for not liking ground work, that's quite well done!

Looks like it could be a very tail-heavy model.The resin cockpit would have helped. Was other weight needed or did you take care of balance by fixing it to the base?

Thanks AlienFrogModeller. Glad I changed the base.  It was good practice. Yes dnl42, the model is tail heavy. I  put lead fishing weights in the front gear well. This was the first time I ever dry brushed static flock grass. I used a mixture of Sap Green, and Lemon Yellow oil paints.