Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

In maint we call this robbing...

Took the Canopy ac mount point and placed on my custom cockpit...

PXL-20210212-200043946.jpg

Kinetic build instructions does not offer a very good look at how to install this part, so here is what I see. I installed the Canopy Actuating Arm first to the Canopy frame. One drop of black CA to attach the canopy actuating arm to the canopy frame. Then I test fit the robbed Canopy frame mounting point to ensure proper alignment before complete assy.

PXL-20210212-201159807.jpg

Now the form, fit and function..

PXL-20210212-200034394.jpg

Cheers

AFM

43 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Did you say "black CA", seriously, never knew it existed.

Steve

Yes Black CA, I find that this stuff is much easier to control apply and sets quickly. The advantage I love aside from the control is the "rubberized" ingredients. Makes a great CA for me and allows for some flex especially when in storage during shipping.

IC-2000 by Bob Smith sometimes you'll see different names but sma elabel, they make it for other companies as well.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N507I0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers

AFM

While I wait for heat shrink, I didn't like the Tape on the chocks...

I decided to work on the seat and Capt "ReedOak" Awesome.

A few shots...I'll leave for a day and review in the morning to see if I need to redo or add some details I missed.

PXL-20210213-033944577.jpg

PXL-20210213-041643551.jpg

PXL-20210213-041652960.jpg

Cheers

AFM

Edited by AlienFrogModeller

Added the missing Chaff/Flare button and the canopy ejection handle. Also, hard to tell in this pic but I added the canopy sill hook holes, the place when the canopy hooks into just behind Capt "Reekoak" Awesome's elbows would be and then added the velcro for the "hellhole" radar mesh.

PXL-20210213-161502104.jpg

Cheers

AFM

17 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Man o man the figure looks awesome, very nice paint work. Those Reedoak figures are a game changer.

Steve

P.S. thanks for the CA link.

A-10 LOADER, thank you very much, my first time with figures. I agree, never tried it before an noticed people's build and they create a deeper story being told. My guy in his 1993 Hornet was reading the latest issue of Sports Illustrated 1993 Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup win. Only thing missing now is a Timmy's coffee to make it more complete, he did have maple syrup on his waffles pre-flight and was sorry that the LA Kings lost...

PXL-20210213-163937790-PORTRAIT.jpg

Cheers

AFM

Figure painting is on a whole other level. I suck at it so, I stay away from it.

Steve

I'm surprised the Habs are doing as well as they are this year considering last year at the trade deadline they were sellers.

1 hour ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Figure painting is on a whole other level. I suck at it so, I stay away from it.

Steve

I'm surprised the Habs are doing as well as they are this year considering last year at the trade deadline they were sellers.

I don't think they were selling, I think Marc was making cap space from underperforming players, knowing the young talent they have now, playing in the NHL coming from the system. They do have at the core a very young talented team, and I still see that trend for the next two years of very strong young talent. I think that's why they went out and got some guys like Toffoli, Frolik, Tatar and Perry (to name a few) to help build experience in the now young 'ungs playing so then, in turn will help develop the young 'ung coming up in the next few years. Those hired experienced guns will be gone next year making way for guys like Verbeek, Weal, Poehling, Henrikson to name a few...

Cheers

AFM

Okay I am so close to having #2 done, that I'm going to call it...for now until I have all four lined up on the flight line and make the final adjustments then as I see it. Two things tomorrow, Daytona 500 and preparing the camper to go camping Monday morning...So for all intensive purposes today...I'm getting #3 ready while working on #4 at the same time, just slightly staggered.

PXL-20210214-045220528.jpg

IMG-20210213-235529-792.jpg

IMG-20210213-235529-848.jpg

IMG-20210213-235529-827.jpg

See y'all next weekend!

Cheers

AFM

Spill some Mr Leveler on your aileron...? Already applied your decals...? No gloss coat applied yet over the decals...?

Has this happened to you?

Are you as upset as I am right now?

Are you about to carry out a free flight CoG test flight, launched straight off your desk without a Preflight check?

Stop... you can fix it easily...breathe...breathe...*sigh*.

PXL-20210222-021721275.jpg

First step is to figure out how to paint without tape...

Use wet paper towel/paper and place onto the masking area(s).

Then paint with very thin paint (80% thinner - ish)until area is blended in...

Then ...done!!

PXL-20210222-022232605.jpg

WHEW!!!

Cheers

AFM

19 hours ago, Scooby said:

Awesome everything!

17 hours ago, cruiz said:

Very nice job on the hornet; that pilot looks great; congratulations.

14 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Wow, super impressive work! Thanks for taking the time to share so much information, it will be my go-to reference for my builds 👍

Arnaud

Very kind words, appreciate them all.

Cheers

AFM

19 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Lovely work. Now only three more to go!

I have two left...796 completed, just need to finish up some smaller details (accessories). Thank you for the compliment, I do really appreciate that.

1 hour ago, crackerjazz said:

That looks absolutely fantastic and incredibly life-like, AFM! 

Sir, thank you very much for taking the time and showing your appreciation, you're too kind.

Cheers

AFM

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed