Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

Hi AFM.  Great looking Hornet; love the asymmetric loadout with the dual 55 racks on the port wing.  Just as nice as the Hornets you had at the AtlantaCon 2021 show last month.  Keep up the good work, and hope to catch up with you at the next Atlanta show in March.

Jeff Newton

Simpsonville, SC

24 minutes ago, CardsFan said:

Hi AFM.  Great looking Hornet; love the asymmetric loadout with the dual 55 racks on the port wing.  Just as nice as the Hornets you had at the AtlantaCon 2021 show last month.  Keep up the good work, and hope to catch up with you at the next Atlanta show in March.

Jeff Newton

Simpsonville, SC

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the very kind words. We should talk again at the next AtlCon coming up soon!!

Cheers

AFM

7 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

I've said it before but your work is super inspiring, thanks for taking the time to post detailed updates for the less gifted of us to learn 👍

Arnaud

WOW, thanks for the inspiring words, truly appreciated. But this is how I got to where I'm at, from others who did the same for me!

Cheers

AFM

RBF and Loaded Flags

This is how I thread them...
Using a .3 mm drill bit I pre drill a small hole in the flag.

PXL-20211130-221620083.jpg

The I carefully push the thread through the predrilled hole.

PXL-20211130-221552495.jpg

PXL-20211130-221625745.jpg

Then I clamp in my tweezers with an clamp (flat)...
PXL-20211130-222014366.jpg

and then place a drop of CA near the tweezer tip.

PXL-20211130-222020849.jpg

For the Loaded flag I glued the thin EZ Line to the end of the flag, let set. The once done I hand printed LOADED on the flag, practice can be seen next to the flag...

PXL-20211130-223805386.jpg

Then cut to length the EZ Line and glue in place, tip..

PXL-20211130-223810808.jpg

Place you bug upside down and let gravity work for you. My boss told me once when I was a young Pte...work hard but smarter and harder is better. Yes be both smart and a hard worker not like those AVS type who only work smartly...not very hard workers. LOL...when you know...you know.
PXL-20211130-225410705.jpg

Yes on 3d printed pins. The ac structure was drilled out with a .3mm drill bit and they fit inside perfectly, using Krystal Klear "glue" as it dries really fast when used in very small amounts.
PXL-20211130-225421888.jpg

Cheers

AFM

I think I'm done the production line...after a few hundred hours, days, weeks and months...LOL. I'll post group pics in another section of the forums...
795, faithful and reliable.
PXL-20211201-003807899-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20211129-024155223.jpg

I truly appreciate the kind words and the followers...until next time.

Cheers

AFM

12 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Awesome stuff Bear, we clearly liked the same tail numbers.

You should build one of our creaky old hangars, I’ve always wanted to do a corner section or a portion of the hangar with the big Lynx on the floor.

Thanks Scoob...appreciate the compliments.

That's my retirement project...with a whole Hangar of Hornets, with two in phase one on jacks one with two engines out.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
  • AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed
16 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Sad to see you wrap up -- we want more : )  Congrats, though -- beautiful finale and what a thread.    Love that second to last photo -- looks just like a real aircraft.

Thank you very much to you and others who stopped in and viewed my little project. I hope that someone took something from this and learned a little, as that's how I got to where I can be confident in my skills by watching others here in this forum. So...I also say thank you to people like you wou who make this an enjoyable environment to be in sharing a common hobby.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
On 12/8/2021 at 3:11 PM, cruiz said:

It has been a delight to follow this build, full of inspiration and more things to learn from.

Thanks for sharing your work, and waiting for the next one.

Carlos

I am so happy to hear that you've taken something away from this build. I too have learned allot along the way!!

14 hours ago, ExchefAndy said:

you've actually got me to appreciate a jet that I've never really liked!

beautiful work on all of them :thumbsup:

Andy

Your words are kind and truly appreciated.

5 hours ago, BastianD said:

Masterpiece, nothing less 💪

WOW, thank you.

I can't thank alls y'all enough, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 6:35 PM, AlienFrogModeller said:

That would be nice, I'll add it to the model...

Cheers

AFM

I missed this reply, I’ll scan it and send it to you.

Looking over your thread again, I’m working on my 712 now.