Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

16 hours ago, Major Walt said:

This is turning out to be one of the best Hornets I’ve ever seen! I love the attention to detail 

Stawwp, yer makin' me blush...Thanks sir appreciate that very much!

3 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Great thanks for the reply and a photo, I've never noticed anything like that on any picture. Very interesting :)

Some very nice work You're doing here. Can't wait for more!

BTW, what schemes are You going for?

Thanks, you're making me blush too.

Phase One Production Build

712 - 416 Sqn

762 - 410 Sqn

795 - 409 Sqn

796 - 410 Sqn

I worked at each Sqn and they all carry a significant place in my 20 yr Hornet career; need to order 4 family versions though to complete the set.

Phase Two Production Build

903 - 410 Sqn

929 - 410 Sqn

932 - 410 Sqn

936 - AETE

735 and Triple Pig will get the 32nd scale treatment.

1 hour ago, kurnass77 said:

Great job!

I build an Academy in 1/72 some times ago for the Hornet GB,and learned to love more than before the F-18 lines,a very beautiful plane indeed!

Keep up the good work mate

Gianni

Sir your too kind, but thank you and the rest of the forums for the compliments.

3 hours ago, Joel_W said:

AllenFrogModeller,

Just an amazing set of builds. Your detailing is at a level that most of  us can appreciate, but certainly can't duplicate. I'll be following all 4 builds to their conclusions.

Joel

Sir,

I hold your opinion in very high regard, I appreciate your input and am excited you and the others who are following. I just hope I can meet your standards as well as the standard of the rest of this forum. I have come to appreciate the site, as it has enabled my abilities to reach the next level.

Thank you all very much.

Now I'l get back to work fun!

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
Typo
On 17/02/2018 at 9:57 PM, AlienFrogModeller said:

Trying something new, to me. I placed a layer of Tamiya tape and edged it with thin super glue. Hopefully this works if not, I'll try something else. Basically it is to represent the extra layers of carbon fibre on the Horz Stab. I will also be drilling out the drain holes at the tips of the Stabs, some have 1 others can have two just depending on the version of the Stabs. There are also no recessed lines on this airfoil.

5a88dd5f0c342_HorzStab.jpg.d2f78230504e0836a8dce9eeea1a77a5.jpg

This is a pretty cool tip :thumbsup: but I am thinking that the roughness of the tape may be an issue when you go to paint? I have some 0.005 plastic I think might work. Will probably have to sand it down though to thin it further and to feather the edges based on that photo you posted.

Edited by skyhawk174
On 3/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, skyhawk174 said:

This is a pretty cool tip :thumbsup: but I am thinking that the roughness of the tape may be an issue when you go to paint? I have some 0.005 plastic I think might work. Will probably have to sand it down though to thin it further and to feather the edges based on that photo you posted.

Appreciate the compliment. I did think of your point....also .005" as well.  The tape was quicker tho; the tape originally was going to be my template , then I thought...what if I do this instead?

We will find out how it works in a few weeks when I start painting.

12 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Canopy.jpg.95db8ee24ee815c602bceb827abdd7df.jpg

I think I finally figured out how to place the canopy in place without glue. I need to make this work, I have to pack all my kits every few years due to my military moves.

An FE friend of mine came up with a re-useable shipping container. He had stackable bread basket crates that he placed all his models in. He had fuselage cradles and everything was held in place with elastic bands. I wish I took pictures of it. Movers always shipped it upright and he never encountered any damage.

He could expand it by adding another row. He used it at home to rotate kits displayed in his display cases. He had a canvas cover made for it. I think he was able to claim it as a moving expense, as a specialty shipping container. But I know times have changed with claims.

14 minutes ago, Scooby said:

An FE friend of mine came up with a re-useable shipping container. He had stackable bread basket crates that he placed all his models in. He had fuselage cradles and everything was held in place with elastic bands. I wish I took pictures of it. Movers always shipped it upright and he never encountered any damage.

He could expand it by adding another row. He used it at home to rotate kits displayed in his display cases. He had a canvas cover made for it. I think he was able to claim it as a moving expense, as a specialty shipping container. But I know times have changed with claims.

This is just one step, the canopy situation. I find it the most fragile point. I will be making another type of support for shipping or storing. And this template will fit most if not all versions of hornets made by various companies.

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed