Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

1 hour ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Thanks Joel, Appreciate the encouragement..

AFM,

You certainly don't need my encouragement. What I was doing was recognizing a skilled modeler doing his thing. That my friend is what ARC is also all about.

Joel

8 hours ago, Joel_W said:

AFM,

You certainly don't need my encouragement. What I was doing was recognizing a skilled modeler doing his thing. That my friend is what ARC is also all about.

Joel

Joel,

I appreciate your comment and recognition, especially from such an accomplished modeler as yourself.

6 hours ago, kurnass77 said:

Great scratchbuild for the turtle deck and "hellhole"",I scratched for my Academy and was really funny!

Sure,you need four of them and the fun...well, is at risk

Go mate!:thumbsup:

Gianni

Thank you Gianni, incredible build for 1/72 you have there, hopefully I can meet your standards!

Pardon the pun...a small update.

IMG_20180311_152753.jpg

00002_IMG_00002_BURST20180311153023_COVE

IMG_20180311_161722.jpg

IMG_20180311_161749.jpg

Hell hole test, should work to get the point across. Now I am going to try add some solid lines and possibly some ac wiring.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
Double pic, replaced.

Getting a lot of tip s here. Keep up the good work. Looks impressive.

Hopefully you don't get burnt out doing the same thing so many times. I am planning on ordering my Kinetic shortly and I think I should start one after seeing your work.

14 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Getting a lot of tip s here. Keep up the good work. Looks impressive.

Hopefully you don't get burnt out doing the same thing so many times. I am planning on ordering my Kinetic shortly and I think I should start one after seeing your work.

skyhawk174,

Sir, too kind and I appreciate those kind words.

Burnt out...no I don't think so. I have had the upmost privilege to work on this airframe and along side/with incredible people over my few years on the Hornet (20 years actually). Although I have moved from and onto other airframes, the Hornet still holds a special place in my heart.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
typo
31 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

... I have had the upmost privilege to work on this airframe and along side/with incredible people over my few years on the Hornet (20 years actually). Although I have moved from and onto other airframes, the Hornet still holds a special place in my heart.

Good to know there's a resident Hornet SME aboard.  Your work has been very inspiring.   I'd like to build a Kinetic Hornet, too, someday.     Are you seeing any shape issues with the kit's nose at all like I read on some forums?  

5 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Good to know there's a resident Hornet SME aboard.  Your work has been very inspiring.   I'd like to build a Kinetic Hornet, too, someday.     Are you seeing any shape issues with the kit's nose at all like I read on some forums?  

Thanks for the compliment, that's very kind of you.

Shape...well I didn't compare until you mentioned it and directed the question directly to me. My philosophy prior to your question was...if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it must be a Hornet (my view). Sure there has been discussions on shapes of the Kinetic kit wrt the vert stabs, nose, dorsal spine, formation lights, rudders, flaps, wing fold etc. When I look at the model, it reminds me of the flight line of Cold Lake and other areas over my time with my babies.I am happy to say it looks good to me, I have mentioned in other discussions here in ARC; I feel that it has tonnes of potential and hasn't let me down yet. I find the plastic itself to be much more malleable and less brittle, allowing forgiveness to modify the kit to a standard that makes me happy. Don't get me wrong I like the Hasegawa kit too. My next step of family versions of the Hornet will involve a Hasegawa kit. At the end of the day, the kit is appealing to me vs the cost of the kit and will end up representing a fine replica of the Hornet. It is an enjoyable kit to build and it is not without its challenges. If I wanted a kit that was perfect in shape form and assembly, I would have bought a ready-to-display out of the box short of buying a real one; there is no exact kit out there so pick your poison. But I have built many Hornets and find this to be a nice change and joy to build; I do have 6 in my inventory with plans to get at least three more (Raymond did you hear that? mo money mo money). I won't be going out of my way to evilbay or other similar sites to find a Hasegawa legacy kit; however if i find a great deal I will jump on it as long as I can get some aftermarket accessories.

Sorry saw a squirrel and became distracted, the noses are different compared to the Hasegawa kit and both compared to line drawings; a small shade off for both kits. I'm not at all concerned about a few thousands of an inch. I think once I have completed them and display them in my 1/48 hangar, no one will be noticing the small differences but maybe smile at the end product. After all is said and done, I want is to say..."yeah I worked there" and smile thinking of my time on the hangar floor. Maybe this will give the same smile to others who can appreciate their time on the floor or give another an appreciation of the environment for which we worked in.

Like you reasoning. Very down to earth if you ask me :thumbsup::thumbsup: I was going to ask about the family model but it looks like you have answered it.

People worry about the nose but to me the biggest thing that makes an RCAF Hornet are the nose light, the reversed hydraulic cylinders on the MLG and the fat pylons. I have lots of pictures of the CF-18s but your build should be more helpful as you worked on the real thing.

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed