Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

11 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Like you reasoning. Very down to earth if you ask me :thumbsup::thumbsup: I was going to ask about the family model but it looks like you have answered it.

People worry about the nose but to me the biggest thing that makes an RCAF Hornet are the nose light, the reversed hydraulic cylinders on the MLG and the fat pylons. I have lots of pictures of the CF-18s but your build should be more helpful as you worked on the real thing.

I'm a simple man with ambitions to add detail beyond my skills...lol.

On 11/3/2018 at 11:04 PM, AlienFrogModeller said:

AC Wiring done, rinse repeat three more times. I did however make some of the parts for the other three. But most will be made to fit.

IMG_20180311_175622.jpg

IMG_20180311_175500.jpg

IMG_20180311_175517.jpg

That's a joy to see!

Bookmarked for my future VFA-192 bird:thumbsup:

Gianni

3 hours ago, kurnass77 said:

That's a joy to see!

Gianni

2 hours ago, 11bee said:

That is just some amazing work you put into that area of the cockpit.  Looking forward to seeing more updates!

John

Gentlemen thank you for the praise.

Gianni, IRC the hell hole might be a little different from one country to another. I can't imagine it being too much different tho.

• 2 weeks later...

AFM,

Those 4 pits not only look identical, but super detailed as well.

I love your Baby. I had a 1970 hatchback Mustang in Red with a 302 ci engine.  Loved that car and used it daily for 10 years.  So how did you do in t he car show?

Joel

25 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

AFM,

Those 4 pits not only look identical, but super detailed as well.

I love your Baby. I had a 1970 hatchback Mustang in Red with a 302 ci engine.  Loved that car and used it daily for 10 years.  So how did you do in t he car show?

Joel

Joel,

Thanks for the feedback; appreciated. I am now moving on to building up the office space and have not quite decided to what level of effort to bring into this area. As my skills in painting the office space is...limited. However, I am trying to break new ground for myself and might even place some figures. I love how that brings a "story" to the build. but...we will see. it's a very fluid build. The goals set was to break new personal ground (skills, details, scratch-build, patience etc) and have min 4 Hornets built to replicate specific moments in my career.

My 2013 Boss 302 placed second in the 2012 to present day category here in Macon, Georgia. My friend (and work boss) placed 3rd in his 2005- 2011 category with his 2011 Mustang (on my Boss 302 left). This was our first show and had only 3 hours to prep, so we learned allot and are planning on attending a few more shows this summer. 

My Boss 302 is a real pleasure to drive, and use it daily to and from work. occasionally to go get an ice cream in the evenings and weekends. The drive to work is short and my Boss 302 has under 20K miles on. I am trying to keep the mileage low (Kms low - Canadian) but still enjoy every bit of drive time.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
I keep hitting the enter button to start a new para and kiks me out...GRRRRRR.

IMG_20180330_132710.jpg

IMG_20180330_132750.jpg

Right side office details. Corrected the shape of the Map case and cut the small block on the back side of the back wall to the proper side. Will add the switch on it. Added two lights, former support bracket and FCS Reset toggle switch on the right side console. I'm thinking the Open Box on the right horz consol should be small, I might go back and fill in a bit.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
13 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Thanks Joel, I love it so much. keeping that one in the Family. legally willed to my oldest son. Who BTW owns a 2014 Super Snake.

That's one mean beast. Tons of HP and Torque. 

Joel

3 minutes ago, Joel_W said:

That's one mean beast. Tons of HP and Torque. 

Joel

Mine has 444 hp with out SC (Kenne Bell Super Charger for about $7k to take mine to 715 Hp). My son's Super Snake has 670 hp(?), seriously thinking of getting the 2020 - rumored for 770 hp- The most powerful street legal production car. *psst* Camaro is no longer compared to the Mustang, The Vette is now compared to the Mustang. Hellcat who?

On 3/13/2018 at 8:03 AM, kurnass77 said:

That's a joy to see!

Gianni

Gianni

You need a slight squadron change for your future build! VFA-151 is the squadron to use. I wonder where I got this idea from? The world may never know. 

AFM

Nice work on the kit! I'm waiting to see the pics of when you attach the lower nose to the upper nose. I have been holding off getting this kit due to some fit pics I have seen.

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed