Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

I have questions...

I know they have been asked but I would like a spot where i can refer to them easily.

Assuming that we are using a medium needle, and not a fine needle.

1. Vallejo Primer - what do you use for reducer and clean up?

2. Mig Primer - what do you use for reducer and clean up?

Edited by AlienFrogModeller

AFM,

No need to thank me, you're work is simply super detailed, and accurately done. 

As for your questions on primers, I use Mig Black and Gray primers.  I air brush my primers with a Iwata Revolution M2 using a .4mm needle/nozzle.  I thin the primer 1:1 with either Tamiya Yellow cap or Mr. Color Self Leveling Thinner 400. Honestly, I've been trying to compare the two, and they seem to have nearly identical results. As for cleaning my air brushes I always use generic Lacquer Thinner as it's cheap and works just fine for that application. I never use it for thinning paints. 

Joel

Edited by Joel_W
1 hour ago, Joel_W said:

AFM,

No need to thank me, you're work is simply super detailed, and accurately done. 

As for your questions on primers, I use Mig Black and Gray primers.  I air brush my primers with a Iwata Revolution M2 using a .4mm needle/nozzle.  I thin the primer 1:1 with either Tamiya Yellow cap or Mr. Color Self Leveling Thinner 400. Honestly, I've been trying to compare the two, and they seem to have nearly identical results. As for cleaning my air brushes I always use generic Lacquer Thinner as it's cheap and works just fine for that application. I never use it for thinning paints. 

Joel

Thank you sir for the guidance on the primers, appreciated.

Evening Folks, I have updated this forum of the links for the photos. They should all be working now. I am going to try and get a few things done over this weekend and hopefully share with y'all. After Sunday I have to leave the country for a couple weeks, will be back and continue! See you soon!!

• 5 weeks later...

As you can see I placed the intake lip on a small angle forward to eliminate the gap that could have existed between the intake lip and the boundary layer separator. It is easier to repair the gap behind the intake, rather than in front.

IMG_20180616_200536.jpg

AFM,

Those  intakes in the before pic aren't even close. That's just pure sloppy engineering, and then the "Good Enough" for the average modeler so it won't eat into the budget to fix them. Excellent job in getting to fit correctly. I gotta just break down and try that AV Plastic Putty. I use Vellejo's Acrylic putty for small jobs, but it's not the greatest, and my go to Bondo must be sanded every time. 

Nice bit of engineering with the sheet plastic to force the sides into the correct alignment. 

Joel

5 hours ago, Joel_W said:

AFM,

Those  intakes in the before pic aren't even close. That's just pure sloppy engineering, and then the "Good Enough" for the average modeler so it won't eat into the budget to fix them. Excellent job in getting to fit correctly. I gotta just break down and try that AV Plastic Putty. I use Vellejo's Acrylic putty for small jobs, but it's not the greatest, and my go to Bondo must be sanded every time. 

Nice bit of engineering with the sheet plastic to force the sides into the correct alignment. 

Joel

Joel,

Those intakes...my experience with Hasegawa, Kinetic, Testors, Italeri and Revell get it wrong on one way or another. So this one has good shape and like the end result. So the devil I chose to get to know is the Kinetic version. After a few builds, I find it easy enough now to get it right. Although I'm not going to argue with you on the engineering side of things.

Thanks for the compliment, before I attach the two halves, i should have pics in the next day or two, I added some PE (louvers, screens, chaff/flare boxes) and will be priming-to-test for imperfections and security.

LOL, I also have a photo journal on a 1970 Monte Carlo build. I will be placing in the appropriate forums section probably by the weekend.

On 6/19/2018 at 4:07 PM, Joel_W said:

AFM,

Looking forward to reading through your Monte 70' build. 

Joel

Joel,

I have to hold off on displaying the build...until after we present it to our LCol for his departure ceremony.

All,

Ops Pause for abit.

A local friend has shown me his skill sets for molding my Fat Boy Pylons...impressive results. Now we are discussing the possibilities of more products.

Taking one of my cockpits and maybe make a mold and cast with resin.

MTF

I will be taking a break from posting...but not building. as this will now be a healing hobby for me for the foreseeable future. My precious son (second oldest) has passed away, I will miss him dearly. I will return someday but for now a break.

2 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

I will be taking a break from posting...but not building. as this will now be a healing hobby for me for the foreseeable future. My precious son (second oldest) has passed away, I will miss him dearly. I will return someday but for now a break.

So sorry to hear Carmen, thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I tried to send you a private message, stay strong my friend. 

Gary

Edited by Scooby

AFM,

My sincerest condolences to you and your family on the passing of your son.  Take all the time you need to heal as well as helping other members of your family to do the same. We'll all still be here when you feel you're ready to return.  God bless,

Joel

2 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Very sad news.

Our condolences to you and your family.

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed