Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

• 1 month later...

On these pieces thin out the green shaded area by approx 1 blade width. This will help them sit flat when glueing them on. Otherwise they will sit crooked and look "off".

IMG-20200102-221848.jpg

Much better

IMG-20200103-094627.jpg

NOTE: The gap drilled out to accommodate the tie down chain for engine runs: used when the engines are to be run in CLASS II aka Afterburner Run. The notch is located above the top arrow.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Colin K said:

Haven't checked in for a while.  Progress looks great, Carmen.  Hope all is well!

Colin,

Thank you, appreciate the feedback. Things are well, enjoying the last few months (16 months) here. 

I did run into an issue, the connecting link is so fragile, I broke a few just through handling. That's because of my ham fisted handling skills...now I'mm trying to decide whether to cast some from resin, scratch build or just order some sprues from Kinetic. Because on on the road allot this next few months, I think I might just order some parts.

Cheers

• 10 months later...

Good Morning Everyone,

So I had a minor break from this project as I was wanting to create some of my own parts and took a crash self taught course on how to use 3D CAD drawing programs so I can 3D print parts as required. To some success I was able to accomplish this. In the mean time I have completed some other builds for my local club. I completed 3 P-51 Mustangs, 2 1/24 Ford Mustangs and a Ford GT and finally a couple other smaller builds - P-40 and Bf-109 (1/72). I was amassing some skill strengthening with airbrushing and testing some new products as well. So...I'm back about to complete this production build.

Cheers

AFM

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed