Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

1 hour ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Chain Smoker... I had asked him how he does in long flights...Was a very interesting answer!

Cheers

AFM

Spanky used to text us images with a smoke in his mouth and his mask pulled back.

Although I think he was less of a chain smoke than Fes Express.

Edited by Scooby

CA and Talc...this I heard of, but never gave it much thought fo ryears. But then..for some reason, it was rekindled in my brain, from reading some AK magazines...SO I thought I would give it a try when the next opportunity arose. Well, I did some more research on the use of it. Considering that Talc is becoming less and less readily avail on the market, I sought alternates.

CA + Sodium bicarbonate = a chemical reaction that caused heat.  No one reported a fire but depending on the mix ratio, there was some damage in some uses depending on a whole hockey sock full of factors. Not for me...

Here are the results for me...nice and easy mix to the paste I want and easy to sand but better yet...use debonder to clean up the initial area and it cleans nice and easy, no mess no fuss.

I actually didn't use the dental tools in this case.

PXL-20210124-235538164.jpg

Looks ugly right...? BS IC-2000 CA w/rubber - love that stuff. It's my go to.

PXL-20210125-001618099-PORTRAIT.jpg

Two drops of debonder on the q-tip and the clean up begins, no sanding. Move you Q-tip in circles. I used about 3 q-tips here to get a nice clean finish.

PXL-20210125-002621254-PORTRAIT.jpg

I noticed some spots to be filled in a little bit more. this area was very deep. So this time I used Thin mixed in with talc to get a thin paste.

PXL-20210125-003017823-PORTRAIT.jpg

Cleaned up, but I think one more small application of a thin paste will finish it nicely.

PXL-20210125-014536968-PORTRAIT.jpg

I'll finish up tonight and prim to ensure it is nicely done.

Cheers

AFM

Edited by AlienFrogModeller

All primed...Good enough for the girls I go out with - as my Uncle would say.

PXL-20210125-040752478.jpg

First coat on...need another couple coats, but it's late.

PXL-20210125-045225982.jpg

Comparison shot, with a good idea of the stages each are in.

PXL-20210125-050324409.jpg

Until next time...Happy Modelling.

Cheers

AFM

5 hours ago, ExchefAndy said:

You may not have set out to impress, but you have! Fantastic stuff to be honest, right down to the debonder tip with the CA... brilliant :worship:

Andy

Your too kind, if you learned something, than it is all worthwhile. It's my payback to this community and the local IPMS club for teaching me so much.

Cheers

AFM

On 1/25/2021 at 1:11 AM, ExchefAndy said:

You may not have set out to impress, but you have! Fantastic stuff to be honest, right down to the debonder tip with the CA... brilliant :worship:

Andy

Yes!  I learned somehting too!  Thanks forthat tip, AFM.  K/r, Dutch

Started to weather and test fit major components, paving the way and standard for the remaining three kits.

PXL-20210131-020111430.jpg

Trying some new products that I have not tried before, such as washes and filters, with some wet effects as well.

PXL-20210131-203914873.jpg

Engine fitting..

PXL-20210131-204540653.jpg

PXL-20210131-204610560.jpg

Next MLG components.

Cheers

AFM

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed