Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

AFM,

Not being a parent, I cannot begin to fathom the pain and devastation you and your family are living through right now.  Please accept my condolences as you work through this tragedy.  Everything always comes second to family.  Take all the time you need to grieve and never let anyone tell you otherwise.

Sincerely and with deepest sympathies,

Mike

My condolences to you and yours. May you find some peace in the embrace of your loved ones. They are one's solace and strength at times like this.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:32 AM, AlienFrogModeller said:

I will be taking a break from posting...but not building. as this will now be a healing hobby for me for the foreseeable future. My precious son (second oldest) has passed away, I will miss him dearly. I will return someday but for now a break.

Carmen.....I've been away from the forums for a while and have just started following your build.  Fantastic work as always.

But, I want to pass on my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your son.  I can't even begin to fathom what you are going through.  My thoughts are with your and your family.  If I can do anything for you, just let me know.

All,

I truly appreciate the sentiments and the kindness shown here. There are no words...but thank you. I have cleaned off my desk and now will continue over the next few days. This has become a very important therapy for me, thank you for being here for us.

20 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

All,

I truly appreciate the sentiments and the kindness shown here. There are no words...but thank you. I have cleaned off my desk and now will continue over the next few days. This has become a very important therapy for me, thank you for being here for us.

Take care Carmen.

I'm seeing an ex-416er today, Club Z has been in town. He passes on his condolences.

1 hour ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Thanks Scooby and Z, tell him I says hello.

Z got back in, after being out for 6 years. He’s in town as his father had heart surgery. His dad is recovering well. Z is in 442.

Stay strong my friend.

Edited by Scooby
  • 3 months later...

Hello friends, I'm back. Been modelling since my last post. Finished two X-Wings, P-51, and Boba Fett figure. But I am now going to start moving forward with this build. However I am learning how to make resin cast from a local fellow builder. For now I am so impressed with his skills, I will get him to pass on these skills and hopefully I can replicate what he can do. So here is what molds are being made:

Fat Boy Pylons - Lengthened as well

Standard Pylons - lengthened as well

Cockpit tub for a single - early

Side consoles including map case on right, canopy crank on the left + more.

Vert Stabs with strengtheners and updated "lumps and bumps".

Rear cockpit deck.

Front Console/Instrument panel

Future;

P4" pod

external tanks

ID light

Blanking plate for Id light

Cheers for now

Edited by AlienFrogModeller

Bear,

suggestion... find a straw or piece of brass tubing the right diameter of the hole and cut a short piece, glue it into the fuselage so that it sticks out past the outside of the fuselage.    Sand the excess so that it conforms to the fuselage curve then sand your lens down so that it will slide into the tubing from the inside, paint the back of the lens silver and insert the  lens from the inside.

Bruce

Edited by bradebaugh
26 minutes ago, bradebaugh said:

Bear,

suggestion... find a straw or piece of brass tubing the right diameter of the hole and cut a short piece, glue it into the fuselage so that it sticks out past the outside of the fuselage.    Sand the excess so that it conforms to the fuselage curve then sand your lens down so that it will slide into the tubing from the inside, paint the back of the lens silver and insert the  lens from the inside.

Bruce

Everyone say hello to my Resin Professor; this is the man who will help me learn this art.

Bruce,

I have tried that approach, but the diameter wasn't quite right, therefore a custom cut was required. Also the angle of the ID light does not sit square with the aircraft. It sits inside on a slight angle. Also the three little tabs that actually hold the light lends cover on the "bulb" itself, I really wanted to add that little detail. But I afraid it might not be seen once installed.

This shot of a few spare fat boy pylons Bruce made for me.

IMG-20181104-180901.jpg

The master was from the improved pylon I made. So the length is correct and also the addition of the EW bay. Although I am missing the front panel and rear ext tank connection detail. However, it took me a bout 10 minutes to add this detail to a resin fat boy.

Thank you Bruce!!

Some minor details under door 68. Drilled out some drain holes and added some venturi drain tubes as well.

Dilled out .2mm holes and placed .015" rod for the venturi tubes.

IMG-20181110-120430.jpg

Cut the tube angle supports, made a few extra just in case the carpet monster claimed them.

IMG-20181110-172732.jpg

Carefully glued them in place x4.

IMG-20181110-173205-1.jpg

Overall look...

IMG-20181110-173216.jpg

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed