Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

Here after I glued the #1 fuel cell spine panel back on I noticed the panel line was off. I simply sanded down and will re-scribe later.

IMG_20190127_074056.jpg

Leaving a very faint line behind for reference to re-scribe.

IMG_20190127_074118.jpg

Edited by AlienFrogModeller

Listen Kids...these issues that are missed due to slacking off and day dreaming during the dry fit process will lead to a path you don't want to walk down.

This is all user interface errors - PEBCAK - Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.

IMG_20190131_172538.jpg

IMG_20190131_172548.jpg

Thank gosh it's only on one.

9 hours ago, Alternative 4 said:

The older I get the more I realise taking the time to dry fit is the key to a nice model. However I still tend to rush to glue things together. You Sir have the patience of a saint.

Thank you sir, but I have to admit, I am forcing myself to go very slow. I too just want to slap it together, paint it and shelf it...NEXT!! But I wanted to make something I can really be happy and proud about. As after, these will be given to my kids as a small momento of their dad (me).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 1:34 PM, AlienFrogModeller said:

I also am going to try sumpin' different...I glued the Intake to the intake tube. Lets see how this works out.

IMG_20181227_135640.jpg

I have done this with all of my Kinetic Hornet builds, and it has worked for me.  It enables me to get a good, seamless intake.  Than I do the paint fill method, empty the paint and let it dry.  I did have to remove some plastic from the right intake opening, as you did, in order to get the right side to fit.  Left side always seems to be a better fit for some reason.  Weird.

10 hours ago, Colin K said:

I have done this with all of my Kinetic Hornet builds, and it has worked for me.  It enables me to get a good, seamless intake.  Than I do the paint fill method, empty the paint and let it dry.  I did have to remove some plastic from the right intake opening, as you did, in order to get the right side to fit.  Left side always seems to be a better fit for some reason.  Weird.

I now have tried both and am not convinced to use one or the other. Like you said, weird. I go with what works for me that day.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate assembling ext tanks...dunno why. So this is on my resin build list. I added the screws around the external manual fill port and drain vent that is located underneath the tank just off center.

IMG-20190225-115049.jpg

The two oval panels are located in the wrong spot, I will be updating this part on the resin upgrades. Also I am trying to make the rear connection point have a better representation of the attachment. But for now...good enuff, running out of time.

Starting on the pylons now. These are the resin versions my good friend Bruce made for me. Some minor sanding and filling from a couple air bubbles. Bruce was showing me the patience required not tur hurry pouring resin to eliminate these types of issues.

IMG-20190303-123220.jpg

I am going to be using some magnets so if I move(lol...when I move..again and again), I can take these off easily, or if I want to change the config. So I can pretend I'm back at the servicing desk changing the config of the aircraft for the days flying schedule...

IMG-20190303-131727.jpg

IMG-20190303-165501.jpg

I drill the holes for the magnets with a slight recess.

IMG-20190303-172616.jpg

This allows for room for the glue that will occupy some of the space. I would rather have a slight recess versus the magnet sticking up.

IMG-20190303-173037.jpg

Ensure your alignment, if you use without alignment pins it may site slightly crooked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed