Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed

6 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Thanks Joel, I love it so much. keeping that one in the Family. legally willed to my oldest son. Who BTW owns a 2014 Super Snake.

Your oldest son is driving? Where did the time go?

Although my two girls are in university, the oldest on her second degree and the youngest in her last year of education

The third is only grade seven.

14 hours ago, Scooby said:

Your oldest son is driving? Where did the time go?

Although my two girls are in university, the oldest on her second degree and the youngest in her last year of education

The third is only grade seven.

My kids all on there own, One completing College the other owns his own business and the other in IT.

IMG_20180331_201329.jpg

Here I added some details, I placed a .010" styrene strip to the back wall to give the right thickness. Added the plate and connection tubes for O2 and connections for the JHMCS helmet. Was experimenting with switches, not sure if I like, but if I trim them down they might look better. This Office space will be for 796, the others will be with out some of these details as they were not upgraded for the time periods I have selected for them.

Edited by AlienFrogModeller

Here is the left side, the JHMCS adapter on the left rear, Drilled a hole for the Chemical defence switch (adding later) then moving forward I added the canopy cracking handle, NVIS light, a plate that was missing (that spot was too deep) then another NVIS light and drilled out the inexplicable hole in the forward area.

IMG_20180331_201308.jpg

Here I deleted the flat landing gear handle and placed a proper round handle. Below that The parking brake was "set", I changed it to "off", I think I'll be having it in the Hangar vs the flight line. That's the only time they are "set" when not in the hanger. I used the original park brake handle and just rotated it 90 degrees.

IMG_20180331_210248.jpg

Wow some tiny details there. Great job. Too bad you can't put some arrows and text on your photos as I am not quite sure what you are talking about in the description. You obviously know a great deal on the Hornet or have a tech manual at your disposal.

Great job either way. Lots of fodder for my build👍👍👍

10 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Wow some tiny details there. Great job. Too bad you can't put some arrows and text on your photos as I am not quite sure what you are talking about in the description. You obviously know a great deal on the Hornet or have a tech manual at your disposal.

Great job either way. Lots of fodder for my build👍👍👍

Hmm my assumption that everyone knows the aircraft. Sorry about that... I'll do the arrow thing in the morning. 

No tech manual, just fond memories and 2500 hrs (ground runs) in the cockpit.

2 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

IMG_20180331_210248.jpg

Here I deleted the flat landing gear handle and placed a proper round handle. Below that The parking brake was "set", I changed it to "off", I think I'll be having it in the Hangar vs the flight line. That's the only time they are "set" when not in the hanger. I used the original park brake handle and just rotated it 90 degrees.

But what if Booth were riding the brakes? Do you think he’d get it right? 🤣

2 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Hmm my assumption that everyone knows the aircraft. Sorry about that... I'll do the arrow thing in the morning. 

No worries 😀 just was not sure which switches you are talking about. I know a lot of the details on the outside of the CF-18 but not too much on the cockpit. 

Thanks for the info.

Starting on the left, top to bottom:

1- Landing Gear control handle, made a round handle; removed kit "bump".

2- Parking Brake, removed the kit "bump" and re-positioned 90 degrees.

3- Throttle friction handle.

Right side, top to bottom:

4 - Hook release handle, removed kit bump.

5- Wing Fold Handle, removed kit bump and re-positioned 90 degrees.

6- ECS defog handle for the windscreen.

IMG_20180401_072040.jpg

Rinse and repeat in the office, but there will be very subtle differences in the cockpit config. 796 will have brakes on, hook down, wings folded and legacy cockpit.. 712/762 will have brakes off, wings spread, hook up, and legacy cockpit. Then I will be moving onto the front console and HUD area.

AFM,

The detailing times four is simply amazing. You're certainly breaking new ground with this multi build. 

Now I'm a complete novice on jets, let a lone modern day ones, so your tutorial is of the great help to someone like myself understanding what your doing in those pits. 

Joel

Joel,

Thanks for letting me know, appreciated. The hint from @Skyhawk174 created a nice segway into some details of the Hornet to better their knowledge of the aircraft.  I'll keep this in mind as I progress through.

If there are any moderators that are willing to take hint...the @namehere could be a better way to respond to or point a comment at  individuals instead of quoting such long quotes that include pics. Although i understand the user could remove the pics, the @namehere could be a nice thing to add if possible. The @namehere could also let the individual know a conversation has included them.

I forgot to mention..the arrows are showing the G Suit Inflation Test button. The upper Office area shows the G Suit button was rotated slightly to properly reflect the position in the aircraft. the Kit has them sitting square which is wrong. Small details only because...I'm losing my mind. I took a sharp scalpel ans cleanly removed and rotated and glued in place with Tamiya thin glue.

IMG_20180401_122812.jpg

If you also notice the "box" on the back wall located perpendicular to the G Suit button, it is a relatively new addition to the Canadian Hornet family. The upper Office space showed the updated ac, which will be 795, the lower is 796 Millennium Hornet.

Not to sure how far I want to go, just figured out how to make little "bumps". They do actually exist on the throttle for various functions for the Pilot. Then I tried to add the knobs on the panels...Kinda losing my mind here. Not sure if I want to continue down this road.

IMG_20180401_213957.jpg

Ok those arrows sure help. Thanks for taking the time and effort to help us lowly modelers. I am going to use your photos for sure when I get my Kinetic kit.

I have actually rebuilt a throttle in my Monogram F-15E as some how lost it so I know how tiny those buttons are. Great job. 

Edited by skyhawk174
6 hours ago, skyhawk174 said:

Ok those arrows sure help. Thanks for taking the time and effort to help us lowly modelers. I am going to use your photos for sure when I get my Kinetic kit.

I have actually rebuilt a throttle in my Monogram F-15E as some how list it so I know how tiny those buttons are. Great job. 

Skyhawk174,

Time and effort is my pleasure, also I am very pleased that i can help fellow modelers out. We are here for one reason, to help our skills develop and evolve. My skills comes from this site and am thankful for the guidance they continuously give me today.

5 hours ago, Major Walt said:

I’m beyond amazed by what I’ve seen! It’s a joy to watch and to be inspired! 

Major Walt,

My intention was not to inspire (you're making me blush), but to bring a look at the kit and the potential it has. This is my real first attempt at some scratch building. But I would like to thank you for your comment and I hope help guide others on their next Kinetic Hornet build.

IMG_20180404_203751.jpg

Above - Legend SJU-5/6 for legacy Hornet - dissapointed, need to figure this out. I need 3 of these seats.

IMG_20180404_204701.jpg

Above - Wolfpack SJU-17A looks good!

IMG_20180404_204044.jpg

Above - Aires SJU-5/6 looks good! - now I only need 2 more!

• AlienFrogModeller changed the title to Kinetic CF188 1/48 Production Line x4 Completed