New eBay strategy by a buyer?

4 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

I've screwed up royally on ebay by either over bid, or bought the wrong item.  I sucked it up and paid for my mistakes. Seller didn't know anything other than they sold what they wanted to sell. 

Haven't we all?

Although I recall in the early days of eBay when you could search a buyers activity. A lot of times a buyer would say they couldn’t pay for one reason or another yet they pull be buying stuff all over eBay, often they had another win identical to your item that they preferred over the one you sold them.

eBay eliminated that ability, to search a buyers activities, probably because they didn’t want to enforce their own rules.

On 21-2-2018 at 2:01 AM, Scooby said:

I’ve used it half a dozen times when I have had multple items of the same product. So not everyone is dishonest. I usually buy multiples of every product I buy, at times I really don’t want to sell the duplicate but when I see what I get for the duplicate item I can’t resist.

I sent an offer last night for a duplicate limited run decal sheet I sold Sunday but the buyer didn’t accept. First time a buyer hasn’t accepted.

I understand, but when there's only a few minutes between ending of the bidding and that offer, then I have some serious questions why the guy was bidding till the last moment...

56 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

I understand, but when there's only a few minutes between ending of the bidding and that offer, then I have some serious questions why the guy was bidding till the last moment...

I understand your scepticism but I know I have watched a few of my crazy auctions and I have watched them down to the final seconds and when I saw how hard others have fought for an item I have sent out a second chance offer soon after an auction.