Bad eBay buyer redtailvc8 (Carlos Folch Peurto Rico)

I made the mistake of shipping a kit to him in Peurto Rico.

5 days after I shipped he opened a claim on me (which is way too early). eBay settled with him several days before my estimated delivery date.

The estimated delivery date was Feb 23. eBay settled with him Feb 16.

I'm not happy with eBay either, they calculated 15 business days shipping to PR based on my listing date. Not on the end date of the auction!

I noticed in this eBay members feedback that other sellers noted he filed claims and received refunds on shipped items. I contacted those members and they had the same story.

If you sell on eBay I’d be careful with this member.

As you found out this guy is a crook. I have also had bad dealings with him. In fact, he is the reason I cancelled my Ebay and PayPal accounts because they refused to do anything about him. Buyer and seller beware when dealing with this guy. He is also a reseller in addition to a "low ball" buyer. As you also found out, Ebay does not adhere strictly to their stated policies. That's another reason why I cancelled my Ebay account. Ebay sucks!!!! 

I was sure there was already a warning about him here but I couldn’t find it in any searches.

Yes, I have posted the information in a few locations and other people are coming forward with info.

I’m more upset with eBay not looking at the pattern that this guy is following.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

I was sure there was already a warning about him here but I couldn’t find it in any searches.

Yes, I have posted the information in a few locations and other people are coming forward with info.

I’m more upset with eBay not looking at the pattern that this guy is following.

Yep, I accept the fact that there are bad apples everywhere (including Ebay), but I refuse to do business with any company that does not follow their own policies and procedures to get rid of those bad apples. And Ebay really pissed me off on that so I cancelled my account. I do not remember his reseller name (and I can't get to my Purchase History since my account is cancelled) but I will never forget his name and it's Carlos Folch from Puerto Rico. He screwed me pretty good and even when I cited the Ebay policy that he did not follow,  to both Ebay & PayPal, they both ignored my claim and refused to do anything about it. Yep, he's got a long history behind him (my transaction was in AUG 2017 and I'm surprised that this guy is still doing business on Ebay). A terrible thing to say, I will admit to that, but I was hoping that the hurricane knocked him out of business (but I guess it didn't) because Ebay/PayPal sure aren't doing anything about him. 

And yes I agree, eBay doesn’t follow their own policies. I was flabbergasted that they settled before my estimated delivery date. This guy knew the system but eBay calculated my delivery date based on my listing date? Not based on my actual shipping information?

4 hours ago, pacheco said:

carlos enriquefolchramirez

redtailvc8 ( 780Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999) 

Quite interesting that in our small forum community, three of us have had issues with this guy. Pretty sad indictment of Ebay policing themselves. Also quite interesting that he has 100% positive feedback. I know he has at least one negative feedback over the last 12 months, because I gave it to him! So much for the Ebay stated policy of never changing/deleting any buyers feedback!!! What a load of crock!!!!

30 minutes ago, modelingbob said:

Quite interesting that in our small forum community, three of us have had issues with this guy. Pretty sad indictment of Ebay policing themselves. Also quite interesting that he has 100% positive feedback. I know he has at least one negative feedback over the last 12 months, because I gave it to him! So much for the Ebay stated policy of never changing/deleting any buyers feedback!!! What a load of crock!!!!

I find that interesting too. I bet there are more that don’t notice this thread who had bad dealings with him.

I read through his feedback, all of them. Sellers can’t leave negative feedback to buyers anymore, although there are 19 feedback comments that are left with negative comments.

I contacted some of the most recent sellers who noted in their feedback that he filed lost package claims. They had the same experience I have had.

I regret leaving him feedback as soon as I listed. I left a positive comment for fast payment. I won’t leave feedback anymore until I have received feedback. Again, I bet there are others who left feedback like I have who were burned.

eBay knows how often this guy has filed claims, they have a record of every refund. Shame on eBay.

I noticed another ARC members eBay handle (Dutycat) also left him a negative comment for filing a claim. So there are four of us.

This, more than anything else, is the #1 reason why I'm so P/O at Ebay right now. They have a record of what he is doing. They know how many claims he has filed, and they know what the "averages" are for this kind of behavior.  I'm so glad I quit Ebay and they will never again get a dime of my business. I agree, shame on Ebay, they know what's going on and choose to ignore it. 

<<<eBay knows how often this guy has filed claims, they have a record of every refund. Shame on eBay.>>>

• 3 weeks later...

Funny read. Actually won a $10 kit from this guy back in february 2014 then using another ebay account "carlosfolch4368" (1116Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) Noticed his current account was established in april 2014. I remember wanting to buy a solar cell gadget spinning a prop from him, lol. What i actually won was a resin "Heinkel 115" according to the listing. After finally receiving the "Heinkel 115" it turned out to be a Fokker T-V. Those filthy old dark green resin kits looking like a ton of work. The accompanying vac form canopy set i`ve still to figure out what type they belong to, but it was not for the Fokker. When i told him about this, he offered to send me "some books" Needless to say i never did receive any of these books. 

"hi.. thanks for the message... really i yried to find the brand of this plane.. i got it from second hand.. i went on google researching.. but no brand i only got the airframe with the vacuform canopy.. no decals no instruction.... very rare kit"

At the time i paid $16.75 for intl. shipping. A good ole whipping seems to be in order :angry:

Edited by breadneck
1 hour ago, breadneck said:

Funny read. Actually won a $10 kit from this guy back in february 2014 then using another ebay account "carlosfolch4368" (1116Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) Noticed his current account was established in april 2014. I remember wanting to buy a solar cell gadget spinning a prop from him, lol. What i actually won was a resin "Heinkel 115" according to the listing. After finally receiving the "Heinkel 115" it turned out to be a Fokker T-V. Those filthy old dark green resin kits looking like a ton of work. The accompanying vac form canopy set i`ve still to figure out what type they belong to, but it was not for the Fokker. When i told him about this, he offered to send me "some books" Needless to say i never did receive any of these books. 

"hi.. thanks for the message... really i yried to find the brand of this plane.. i got it from second hand.. i went on google researching.. but no brand i only got the airframe with the vacuform canopy.. no decals no instruction.... very rare kit"

At the time i paid $16.75 for intl. shipping. A good ole whipping seems to be in order :angry:

So this account isn’t active now?

I’d sure like to find his second account that he sells all his thefts under.

carlosfolch4368 is the Ebay account that he sells his stuff under. Redtailvc8 is his buyers account. He has much more activity as a seller than a buyer. It would be interesting to see if the stuff he filed non-delivery claims for from his buyers account ended up getting posted for sale on his sellers account. I'm wondering if I'm "banned" from Ebay (no longer a registered user), but when I tried to get carlosfolch4368 ebay feedback details, I am unable to do so. Does that mean his sellers account has been shut down?

I did try the link for the "4368" account, but it came up empty so that account probably got terminated somewhere between febrary and april 2014 since he found reason enough to open up another ebay account. I spend a fair amount of time on ebay but i`ve never come across any more of this guys listings. He was superfriendly and invited me to be his special facebook friend and wiev all his pictures. I passed. Maybe he just likes to rip off americans, lol. Always the bad apples lurking out there. Some things never change :(

Thanks for the info. When I was last a member of Ebay, back in AUG 2017, "4368" was his sellers account, and it was still active, along with his "redtail" account, which was his buyers account. Since then, for some reason unknown to me (maybe because I'm no longer an Ebay member?), apparently I can't access ANYONE'S Ebay feedback/seller/buyer history/profile, ETC (which is strange).

• 2 weeks later...

I had a very similar experience to Scooby's concerning this eBay buyer.  Same person, same account.  He opened a claim on me two-three days after I mailed his package.  I replied with the eBay tracking info that showed the package to be in Puerto Rico.  He replied that he didn't have it yet.  The next day it showed delivered.  eBay sent me a notification of closing the claim, but I never issued a refund.  So I figured we are square.  However, I too am seriously thinking of deleting my eBay account.  Quite simply, the hassle is not worth the effort any more. 

What is so sad about this is look how many people responded in this forum alone?

For each person that spoke up there is likely another large number who haven't seen this thread or were burnt by this person in a similar fashion, we may only represent 1% of the people he has ripped off. It's troubling to see how fast people replied here. it shows this is widespread.

This clown bid on one of my auction the other night, I should have let him win and leave him negative comments in the feedback.

Bit I cancelled his bid and blocked him from bidding on my auctions.

He can’t even keep track of who he has screwed over.

33 minutes ago, av8iimech said:

This guy just won one of my auctions.  I've cancelled the sale.  Don't really need to deal with this fool right now.  Thanks fellas for the heads up!!!

Good to hear he is being limited.

When I recorded the reason for cancelling his latest win from me I made sure he knew why, that he is a known thief.

Edited by Scooby
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So he bids on kits and WINGY THINGYS and when he wins ;not only does he get the kit (but almost immediately within days  before the ETA date ),he then "pretends" he didn't get it and files for compensations from Evilbay ..SO the thief gets the money  from Evilbay and HE CERTAINLY GETS THE KITS TOO.

well that's deception and obtaining or procuring  money  by deception or services is an offence... it's fraud ain't it!

Maybe when you guys contact Evilbay about such bad people like this man you SHOULD SAY that you will be reporting it as FRAUD to your local POLICE and THAT may hopefully light a fire under their ***  and take action and in yoyr favor..

That's what I do... if it means telling Evilbay customer services the you will reporting as Obtaining money and goods by deception then they may think.. hmmm we'd better take action.

😞