Aftermarket 1/48 F-4 Phantom Fuel Dump Post?

I picked up a second hand 1/48 Hasegawa F-4 and the fuel dump post was broken off and nowhere to be seen in the box. I know Steel Beach made a resin replacement, but it's showing out of stock. Does anyone else make a replacement fuel dump post?

3 hours ago, airmechaja said:

Funny, the dump masts were always broke off the real Phantoms also. Don't ask how I know.......:dontknow:

OK, I'll bite ... how do you know?

Which "masts" are you talking about -- the wings' or fuselage ... or something else?????? On operational aircraft????

Gene K

4 hours ago, airmechaja said:

Funny, the dump masts were always broke off the real Phantoms also. Don't ask how I know.......:dontknow:

We never had any problems on our Phantoms, but being the British version ( FGR 2 ) I believe they were shorter than other models  ( I think }

3 hours ago, Gene K said:

OK, I'll bite ... how do you know?

Which "masts" are you talking about -- the wings' or fuselage ... or something else?????? On operational aircraft????

Gene K

I'm referring to the masts between the aileron and outer wing. Was the OP talking about the vent on the tail? 

Edited by airmechaja
mis communication
21 hours ago, airmechaja said:

I'm referring to the masts between the aileron and outer wing. 

Thanks.

However, I've NEVER seen any "broke off" -- EVER (maybe "squished and squashed" a little).  Just out of curiosity - appears you were a mechanic, so could you share your experience with the Phantom? :thumbsup:

Gene

I didn't  mean to say broke off I meant "broke"  which means the dump mast fairing had to be replaced. When they got squashed, bent or buckled, they didn't break off because the tube that actually went through the fairing carring the fuel was made of SO or annelled aluminum and it was very soft and pliable. Many times at high speed turns the aileron sometimes caused the damage and sometimes it was caused on the ground by maybe carelessness. None the less, I replaced more dump mast fairings than I care to remember. :salute:

Edited by airmechaja
mis statement
On 2/20/2018 at 3:38 PM, Darren Roberts said:

I just took a half dozen up to Sprue Bros. yesterday. They should be available in a day or two. Believe it or not, that's been one of my best selling items!

I can see why they're best sellers. I just broke off another one, yesterday! :doh:

Ben

Here's an idea for the future. As soon as you get an F-4 kit, cut off the fuel dump mast, put it in a safe place and when nearly done with the build, glue it back on and apply paint.

I bought the 1/48 Hasegawa FGR2 Phantom a while ago, and the fuel dump vent on one wing was broken. Luckily I found it loose in the bag, so taped it to the inside of the box for safe keeping until I get round to building the model, so it sounds like quite a common occurance with this kit.

On 2/20/2018 at 2:38 PM, Darren Roberts said:

I just took a half dozen up to Sprue Bros. yesterday. They should be available in a day or two. Believe it or not, that's been one of my best selling items!

I'd be surprised if it wasn't one of your best sellers.  I'm surprised Master or someone doesn't offer steel dump vents.