F-104C engine interior color?

I am plotting out work on my Italeri 1/32 F-104C and thought the engine would be a good low-hanging fruit to grab. The instructions call out interior green for the interior of the engine. I am thinking that couldn't be right and am looking for expert opinions.

Thoughts?

Vern

The best way I found is to mix an Alclad aluminum shade with a few drops of green enamel.  I did this for a pair of J-79’s & an ATAR 9C, the liners came out nice.  Alclad can be mixed with enamels for any shade of metallics for effects.

John

I agree with Ben except the metallic part. The A/B liner was green sort of like interior green but maybe greener. There tended to be tannish heat streaks around all those little perforations. The flame holder would be a metallic tannish gray color as would the cone shaped fairing in the center whose nomenclature escapes me. The nozzle interior was kind of dark metallic but was very sooty inside and was very dark brown-black. I never figured out why the A/B liner was that color and I've seen photos of MIG21s with the same look.

4 hours ago, Finn said:

Here is another J79:

J79 Engine, F-104 Starfighter

i think the green came along if the engine wasn't used that much which is why most pics are of museum a/c which shows them as green.

Jari

I'm with Jari: from memory the Dutch G-models with J79-GE-11 the exhaust duct was sooty black. I would not expect anything else considering the amount of smoke that the engine emitted.

Rob