1/48 Trumpeter F-100D

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Aigore said:

Looking good, nice to see others impaling parts for painting too :D

Yeah. I find it the easiest way. If i need to handle it i can grab it by the toothpick and get all the little nooks and crannies. Its also a great way to keep track of parts when i am getting then ready for paint. 

Sean

One round of putty and sand is complete, and I should have primer on this soon to see what else I need to do. Everything fits pretty well, just needs a bit of work around the nose to clean things up.

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some progress. I have the lower gray painted and I have started the lighter green. Just need to do some highlights and then it can sit for a while till the next colour. 

These pics just show primer, no pics of the paint progress yet.

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

Sean

I built the F version of this kit some time ago and found it a pleasant build. I did buy a resin nose and a Eduard cockpit set, but otherwise it was a straightforward build. I love the F-100, and I shall follow your build with interest . . . looking good so far.  :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Looking good Sean. Any idea what kind of markings it’s going to be sporting?

Gonna use the kit USAF camo decals. Dont have the info in front of me, but it has the green checkerboard on the top of the fin. 

Sean

PAINT!!!!!

Managed to buckle down and get this painted. few issues here and there, but It should work. As of now, i have the metal area and the gear bays painted. All I have left is aluminium parts (gears, bay doors, intake, wheel hubs...) and then it will be ready for decals.

pics:

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

044.jpg

047.jpg

049.jpg

051.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

Another updated hopefully by the end of the week.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Work has been progressing on this. I have the decals done and I have been adding most of the landing gear and doors and what not in preparation for a flat coat.

Here are some pics of the paint and decaling.

059.jpg

060.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

067.jpg

073.jpg

076.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

089.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

Sean,

Just managed to catch up on your build. Your camo paint scheme really turned out quite well as the color modulation really comes through in a realistic maner, rather then every color just being a perfect monotone. The engine area's NMF with the burned & Oxide colorization really came out quite nicely. 

Looking forward to your next update.

Joel