This is one of four of my current builds. It is Academy's MiG-29 that I will build with Caracal Polish Decals, the one with the full colour sheild on the spine. 

I am also building it with the wheels up, so I have spend a lot of time making sure the doors look ok.

001.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

013.jpg

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Some more work done. I have the cockpit all finished, and I will install the seat and pilot later. I have also started to glue the forward fuselage to the rear, It is just taking some time  and careful fitting to make sure it all lines up properly.

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

Sean

Some more work on this. Most of it has been puttied and sanded and I hope to get the primer on soon so I can see how much more putty and sanding I need to do. This definitely needs a lot of work to get the seams hidden.

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some progress pics. I have the lower grey and the lighter of the top grays painted. Shoudl get the other gray painted soon and then it waits for decals.

The pics are only of it primed. No pictures yet of the paint progress.

044.jpg

046.jpg

048.jpg

Sean

On 4/19/2018 at 5:18 PM, CaptainObvious said:

Nice progress Sean.
They are all looking good.
How do you keep all the projects straight?
I do one at a time and I am lose parts, miss steps etc

I do lose the odd piece here or there, Usually if I let it sit for too long.

The first thing I do is only take pieces off the trees when I need them. They either go from trees right to the model, or from trees right to the paint booth. For the small bits that are painted but not installed yet. I usually use a ziplock bag to hold everything. If I am afraid of losing somthing really small, I will put certain parts into seperated bags and never touch them again till i need the part. It is a lot harder to lose a ziplock bag then it is a tiny part. I will also label the bag with masking tape so I know what is in the bag, for things that are left anf right specific, but hard to differentiate by sight. 

as for keeping projects straight, I make a lot of notes. I will put a post it note on the page for the fuselage assembly to remind me if there is some small cockpit part I need to install first. I do make mistakes tho. I broke off the ejection handle on this build, and forgot to put it back before I glued the canopy in place . Found it in the bag when I took the drop tank out to paint. It happens. I usually figure a way to make it work at the end. 

Sean

Progress!! 

I got this painted. It is technically finished, but I had a bit of a booboo when I pulled the taped off from around the exhaust area. Needs a bit of touch up before I can continue. I will take care of that soon. 

This shceme is kinda boring, but the large full colour crest on the back should pep it up a bit. I am not a fan of gray/gray/gray/gray...etc schemes.

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

058.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

064.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

I have been movign right along on this. I currently have the decals done and I am working on the base before I spray a semi-gloss finish and then its just the fiddly bits. Almost done!!

Here are some pictures of the painting and decals.

074.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

079.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

Sean