Group Build Idea: TOPGUN 50th Anniversary (next year)

On 2/22/2018 at 1:09 PM, Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy said:

Certainly appropriate and worthy of the best we have to offer. Though my once-massive and insatiable adversary appetite is a past thing.... 

Two areas of question, firstly the criteria. Would it be ONLY NFWS-associated planes (too narrow IMO) or ALL Navy/USMC adversary types (too broad IMO)? Maybe NFWS/NSAWC-affiliated birds with an extension for Miramar-based bogeys (VF-126)? Or include the Big Four that sprouted up as a result (VF-126, 127, 43 & 45)? Personally I'd stick to Miramar but it's not up to me.

Second, I'll do y'all a favor and NOT post any pic of me in underwear nor play anything topless. Last time I was in Hawaii for the 75th anniversary of PH my dad wanted to go snorkeling; I told him no, I didn't want to be mistaken for the manatee exhibit. 

I'm with ya, I'd roll with strictly NAS Miramar, "Fightertown USA" aircraft.

On 2/24/2018 at 6:09 AM, adamitri said:

But which cargo plane ? I pictured a C-119 back when the movie came out but now maybe a C-130.

I always pictured a DC-8; the implication being that he'd be out of the navy and a civilian cargo job would all he'd be able to get...

I would hope any adversary markings. Just ordered some nice VFC-111 F-5 decals from Furball.

But you still need to make this a poll question. Hopefully THIS time the 25 people who vote yes will ACTUALLY build a model.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

I would hope any adversary markings. Just ordered some nice VFC-111 F-5 decals from Furball.

But you still need to make this a poll question. Hopefully THIS time the 25 people who vote yes will ACTUALLY build a model.

I think you need 70 votes to get 20 people to build. The last 3 group builds I've been in, I'm not sure there was even 15 builders per group build. :dontknow:

10 hours ago, Raceaddict said:

Unless I'm missing something obvious... I can't make this thread into a poll, can I?

Just start a new one with the question?

Yep. I should think with all this traffic you should easily get 25 yes votes. The phantom knows.......