After a long hiatus, I decided to get back into model building. I have just started a Tankbuster Stuka (I think a G Model). Revell S5270. My painting has always been lacking but we'll see how I do.

Down the road I would like to make a diorama of a crew performing maintenance on an aircraft, I was thinking a BOB (Battle of Britain) theme with a Mk I Spitfire or Hurricane or even a BF 109E. Any kits you all recommend for a cutaway to the engine? How do you do those types of cutaways? I assume after market resins of the engines and some serious custom work? Any advice on kits, resins pieces/aftermarket pieces, and tips/hints/websites would be greatly appreciated. The goal would to eventually make a diorama on the ground at some British Airfield... painting such little details such as wiring on the engine for the sparkplugs will be tough... again, any advice would be appreciated! Oh and I prefer larger scale: 1/48 or 1/32 (or are planes in 1/35?)/

Thanks all!

Jim (NYC)