The Russian AF deployed 2 examples of the 5th generation Su-57 (PAK-FA) aircraft to the base in Syria. The aircraft are undergoing operational testing. It will be interesting to see them in the skys of Syria with F-22's not far away.

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, 11bee said:

Undoubtedly to distract the Russian masses from the horrendous casualties suffered by those "volunteers" a week back.  

Considering there hasnt been basically a peep in the news about the deployment - you would need to work on your theory some more...

Not sure what you mean about that - it was one of the top headlines on the Guardian and BBC news apps yesterday.  In fact, it temporarily pushed the story of Russia's systematic bombing of civilian medical facilities and personnel in eastern Gouta off the front page.  Although I suspect the distraction suggested would be geared more towards the domestic audience, and I have no idea what stories RT, Sputnik, and other Kremlin-backed news outlets are pushing at the moment.

57 minutes ago, MoFo said:

Although I suspect the distraction suggested would be geared more towards the domestic audience, and I have no idea what stories RT, Sputnik, and other Kremlin-backed news outlets are pushing at the moment.

Exactly. Making some sort of conspiracy theory that they sent over T-50's (and then officially kept silent about it) to push some news away and have this as replacement is laughable at best. One could be making that sort of argument about any news ever from Russia. I for one think Russia won in figure skating in order to push the T-50 news away; http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42981323

I mean, as i dont see a dedicated T-50/PAK-FA news story on the front page it must be true. (it is given a passing reference here)

So yeah, any sort of news control like that or to boost Putin's approval and whatnot before the "elections" would only make sense for domestic audience, which is certainly what 11bee must have meant. And there hasnt been a beep about the deployment from the state-controlled media beyond lenta. If they were given orders to push the deployment, they would shout it from the roof tops. Yet they dont. And even if they did, connecting it to a specific other Syria-related news story is obviously ridiculous. The fact they are deployed is news in itself.

Edited by Berkut
4 minutes ago, habu2 said:

It is obviously collusion, fake news stories posted on Russian citizen’s facebook feeds by American disruptors to influence the Russian election. 

Or not. 

I mean, you bring up a point i wanted to say but figured it would be obviously too political. If they were to control or affect news cycle, it is obvious they would have done it differently than sending random planes to Syria...

Otherwise;

JhuKJpXLEao.jpg

509 and 511. (not that there was much doubt they are the prime suspects)

Edited by Berkut

-  The two aircraft were flown over on 21st of February 2018.

-  On 22nd the news about the deployment was on Russian state television. “It is a further step in the operational testing of the aircraft type” .  

Everyone is perfectly free to make up theories and try to find secondary reasons for the deployment.

From the manufacturers point of view as well as from Russian AF view it is simply a perfect opportunity to test the airframes in real life circumstances, something that is really priceless. All weapons manufacturers dream of this, on paper and in theory the systems work perfectly. But this is real live testing! US manufacturers do exactly the same as well as everyone else! Remember lessons learned (and put into development of new versions . . .)  in Korea, Viet Nam or all other conflicts.

The experiences with Su-34 and Su-35S have shown in the past years the real value of such circumstances and have bought about fine tuning of the systems and a lot of changes to the airframes and its systems! This is the real reason.

PAK-FA, T-50 or Su-57 whatever you want to call it is in test and evaluation phase and first production examples are about to come down the assembly line. This deployment is nothing special, just some testing.

Best regards

Gabor

12 hours ago, Berkut said:

Considering there hasnt been basically a peep in the news about the deployment - you would need to work on your theory some more...

Except for the front page stories about the deployment.  Funny how a guy that is a master of manipulating the media was unable to keep this a secret.  If Russia really wanted to deploy a couple of jets to Syria in secret, do you not think they could have easily done so?. 

What better way to deflect the press from focusing on the loss of a hundred or so "patriots"?  

As far as the benefits of operational testing over there, I doubt ISIL offers any beneficial testing.  Not much to stop them from raining down iron bombs on Syrian villages.   However, if they decided to probe one of Syria's neighbors, that might be a different story. 

40 minutes ago, 11bee said:

As far as the benefits of operational testing over there, I doubt ISIL offers any beneficial testing.  Not much to stop them from raining down iron bombs on Syrian villages.   However, if they decided to probe one of Syria's neighbors, that might be a different story. 

No better place. There is true value even if it did nothing but deploy and redeploy.

11 hours ago, habu2 said:

It is obviously collusion, fake news stories posted on Russian citizen’s facebook feeds by American disruptors to influence the Russian election. 

Or not. 

If there was any doubt,  this was intended as sarcasm.

Or not. 

:monkeydance:

5 hours ago, 11bee said:

If Russia really wanted to deploy a couple of jets to Syria in secret, do you not think they could have easily done so?.

For masses? Sure. In general for everyone including social media and those that are interested in aviation or just Syria conflict? Nope.

5 hours ago, 11bee said:

What better way to deflect the press from focusing on the loss of a hundred or so "patriots"? 

What makes you think people in russia care or remember what happened with a specific incident almost 2 weeks ago? You think too highly about the average attention span. I am gonna double down and say that they are deploying T-50's because of the Su-25 that was shot down.:rolleyes: Prove me wrong. See, you cant, because just as my conspiracy theory is useless, so is yours.

5 hours ago, 11bee said:

Um, ISIL hasnt been the main focus for a good while now. And as Gabor said above, clearly it did for Su-34 and Su-35S. As to the last point, i cant even bother...

In actual potential news relevant to the thread and not some delusional dreams;

As said, unconfirmed. There are news circulating that 2 additional T-50's were deployed, that is complete nonsense. Probably just returning T-50's from the unconfirmed mission above.

Edited by Berkut
19 hours ago, Berkut said:

Exactly. Making some sort of conspiracy theory that they sent over T-50's (and then officially kept silent about it) to push some news away and have this as replacement is laughable at best. One could be making that sort of argument about any news ever from Russia. I for one think Russia won in figure skating in order to push the T-50 news away; http://www.bbc.com/sport/winter-olympics/42981323

I mean, as i dont see a dedicated T-50/PAK-FA news story on the front page it must be true. (it is given a passing reference here)

So yeah, any sort of news control like that or to boost Putin's approval and whatnot before the "elections" would only make sense for domestic audience, which is certainly what 11bee must have meant. And there hasnt been a beep about the deployment from the state-controlled media beyond lenta. If they were given orders to push the deployment, they would shout it from the roof tops. Yet they dont. And even if they did, connecting it to a specific other Syria-related news story is obviously ridiculous. The fact they are deployed is news in itself.

Thank you for telling me how I should be thinking about this. I was ready to research for myself and draw my own conclusions.

What makes you think people in russia care or remember what happened with a specific incident almost 2 weeks ago? 

Is that a serious question? Honestly? 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, 11bee said:

Undoubtedly to distract the Russian masses from the horrendous casualties suffered by those "volunteers" a week back.  

....or to show the Indians that the aircraft's development is making progress and keep them from backing out of the program.......

1 hour ago, Johnopfor said:

....or to show the Indians that the aircraft's development is making progress and keep them from backing out of the program.......

We don't like logic around these parts.

On 23.02.2018 at 5:03 PM, 11bee said:

to distract the Russian masses from the horrendous casualties suffered by those "volunteers" a week back.  

As "part"of this masses - it is already hardly worth distracting so - this mans were mercenaries who have signed the contract and have gone to be at war for money. Yes, they have died, but knew what they went on. 

Death of such peoples isn't so new in the world, its not a Russian know-how - how many mercenaries from Blackwater has died in Iraq and Afghanistan?

About deploy of T-50 - just next stage of state tests, why not in Syria.

Edited by kotey
4 hours ago, Berkut said:

We don't like logic around these parts.

What makes you think people in russia care or remember what happened with a specific incident almost 2 weeks ago? You think too highly about the average attention span.

Boy you said it!

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
4 hours ago, kotey said:

As "part"of this masses - it is already hardly worth distracting so - this mans were mercenaries who have signed the contract and have gone to be at war for money. Yes, they have died, but knew what they went on. 

About deploy of T-50 - just next stage of state tests, why not in Syria.

1 hour ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Boy you said it!

With Kotey's quote above summing it up, i will leave it at;

Can you ask him to post it again in 2 weeks? I hear they have short attention spans and forget 

If you want a thread where only your thoughts and conclusions are welcome and valid, and everyone else isn't allowed to also explore their ideas for what it might mean politically, as it is a political deployment just let us know. 

Edited by TaiidanTomcat