1/48 UH-1V Huey Kitty Hawk FINISHED 03.16.18

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to WIP 1/48 UH-1(?) Huey Kitty Hawk 1/48 (Update wagon and engine)

Looking good Charlie!!  I'm about where you are right now with my build.  I do have interior in and both forward fuselage halves together.  I had clearance issues trying to get nose over instrument panel glare shield.  Had to trim forward glare shield back from nose and also so windshield would fit down snug.  You may want to do some dry fitting in that area.

I also put thin plastic shim under battery compartment nose to keep it flush with nose area???

I'm now letting crew doors and sliding cargo doors transparencies dry.  Glued in with Future. :rolleyes:

EDIT:  I did add wire screen to most forward panel on bottom of tail boom.  That's the intake for the Oil Cooler blower in aft forward fuselage just above that recessed box that has PE screen.

Bo

Edited by jabow
Added info
44 minutes ago, jabow said:

Looking good Charlie!!  I'm about where you are right now with my build.  I do have interior in and both forward fuselage halves together.  I had clearance issues trying to get nose over instrument panel glare shield.  Had to trim forward glare shield back from nose and also so windshield would fit down snug.  You may want to do some dry fitting in that area.

I also put thin plastic shim under battery compartment nose to keep it flush with nose area???

I'm now letting crew doors and sliding cargo doors transparencies dry.  Glued in with Future. :rolleyes:

EDIT:  I did add wire screen to most forward panel on bottom of tail boom.  That's the intake for the Oil Cooler blower in aft forward fuselage just above that recessed box that has PE screen.

Bo

this is amazing man!

look I got a headache with the fitting of the engine and the fuselage but worked good

yes today I plan to add the nose and I am waiting for some styrene so I can make the nose avionic and battery compartment

and some other stuff

please post picture of your build brother

if you like me are tire of the mess photo bucket create use this https://postimages.org/

super easy and fast!

This kit is a 'modelers' dream!!  Plenty of detail to SUPER detail with all that detail in view.

That said, this kit is also an 'assembler's' nightmare!!  Just enough lack of designed to require complete dry assembly to check fit and relation to surrounding parts!!  One really needs to build two kits back-to-back to see all of the errors of design and assembly.

Bo

45 minutes ago, jabow said:

This kit is a 'modelers' dream!!  Plenty of detail to SUPER detail with all that detail in view.

That said, this kit is also an 'assembler's' nightmare!!  Just enough lack of designed to require complete dry assembly to check fit and relation to surrounding parts!!  One really needs to build two kits back-to-back to see all of the errors of design and assembly.

Bo

With love all can be fix it.. is what I love the most about modeling fix and make what is wrong on them .. doesn’t fit? Make it happen , do not bring something? Do it home! 

Thats for me is what scale modeling is about my frien 

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to WIP 1/48 UH-1(?) Huey Kitty Hawk 1/48 (Update Toilet bowl/Roof/helmets wire)

I just now added to collective sleeve under the lateral/fore and aft support to expose more of the pitch horns above the Xmsn cowl after comparing to photos of Hueys.

It IS a work of love for me, but don't look too close at the details.  What I had to do is really out of sight to raise that swashplate support higher.  Oh well.  We'll know more when it's all dried and painted.

Had Kitty Hawk put those mounts on inside of transmission housing, this would NOT have had to happen.

Bo

2 minutes ago, jabow said:

I just now added to collective sleeve under the lateral/fore and aft support to expose more of the pitch horns above the Xmsn cowl after comparing to photos of Hueys.

It IS a work of love for me, but don't look too close at the details.  What I had to do is really out of sight to raise that swashplate support higher.  Oh well.  We'll know more when it's all dried and painted.

Had Kitty Hawk put those mounts on inside of transmission housing, this would NOT have had to happen.

Bo

Sound amazing! 

Please post picture of your build! 

On ‎1‎-‎3‎-‎2018 at 6:18 PM, jabow said:

More pix of my similar build, I hope?? Per ur request.

(pic)

Bye, bye detail.

(pic)

:crying::rolleyes:

That's exactly what I hate about kits that have all this interior! Tons of work and the reward you get, is it's nearly impossible to close up the fuselage or the engine house plating over it... And to top it off comes the process of sanding away all the surface detail to get the outside panels flush again.

Reason for me to stick to the Italeri kit...:rolleyes:.

Respect the patience of the both of you!

:worship:

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ
typo
On 2/28/2018 at 11:39 AM, jabow said:

Bo

Believe me, Bo, Floyd and I were very disappointed by the missing mounts for the transmission.  Yours and Charlie's are looking great though.

Ray 

9 hours ago, rotorwash said:

Believe me, Bo, Floyd and I were very disappointed by the missing mounts for the transmission.  Yours and Charlie's are looking great though.

Ray 

Thanks Rey my transmission is a bit lower now that I installed the cowling but I’ll leave it like that don’t way to ruin the cowiking 

5 hours ago, CharlieUH-1H said:

Thanks Rey my transmission is a bit lower now that I installed the cowling but I’ll leave it like that don’t way to ruin the cowiking 

If ya haven't installed the lateral/fore and aft support, it's not to late.  The Collective sleeve would go under that.  I did but sawed it off to added sleeve and therefore raise it all higher above the Xmsn cowl.

Bo

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:46 AM, CharlieUH-1H said:

Looks great. 

The TOP of the transmission deck should be 5mm from the top of the side panels.  Also the Werner's Wings correction set will be available shortly, two weeks max, that will have the proper mounting points.

Floyd

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/48 UH-1V Huey Kitty Hawk FINISHED 03.16.18