1/48 UH-1V Huey Kitty Hawk FINISHED 03.16.18

15 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

Looking great.

Thanks brother

16 minutes ago, jabow said:

Wow!!  You're WAY ahead of me, Charlie!!  LOOKING GOOD!!

Bo

Learning from the masters here my friend thanks!

On 3/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, Loach Driver said:

Looking good under that coat of paint. Should be another great addition to your stable of Hueys.

LD.

Thank you my brother 

Charlie, HELP!!

How did you set the height of the Stabilizer Bar Above the Rotor Head????  Real Huey has 2 Stabilizer Bar Supports that bolts to trunnion and one bearing/bolt that secured to middle of Stabilizer Bar Assy.  Kit has 2 parts A59?? that kinda looks like these supports but instructions do NOT use these parts!!! I promise that the Stab Bar is held up by more that just the PC links and Tubes!!

I think there is an omission of these essential parts in the instructions!!

Bo

Edited by jabow
2 hours ago, jabow said:

Charlie, HELP!!

How did you set the height of the Stabilizer Bar Above the Rotor Head????  Real Huey has 2 Stabilizer Bar Supports that bolts to trunnion and one bearing/bolt that secured to middle of Stabilizer Bar Assy.  Kit has 2 parts A59?? that kinda looks like these supports but instructions do NOT use these parts!!! I promise that the Stab Bar is held up by more that just the PC links and Tubes!!

I think there is an omission of these essential parts in the instructions!!

Bo

My friend that was a real pain in the you know.. I forced them to be there (maybe a mistake from me) Rodrigo (Rod) can help you better than me since i was doing mine following  his Huey man

Thanks. I’m using P/N A59 trimmed shorter a bit that will set Stab Bar that looks ok to my Mk I’s. Means that I will have to lengthen link between dampeners and Stab Bar. Other tubes???

Kit is also missing Blade Grip reservoir, which I added. Stab Bar is slightly higher than those reservoirs. Having Maintenance Manual with illustrations helps.

Bo

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to WIP 1/48 UH-1(?) Huey Kitty Hawk 1/48 *DONE*.. good pictures later..
On 3/14/2018 at 2:56 AM, GeejeeZ said:

Magnificent!!!

:worship:

Gertjan

Thanks my brother this kit is a a real goodbye one! Hope they don’t stop production 

11 hours ago, salvador001 said:

One of the best ive seen, you put a lot of effort to an almost perfect model kit. Congrats my good friend.

Rod.

Thanks my friend those words coming from a master are a real honor to me 

• CharlieUH-1H changed the title to 1/48 UH-1V Huey Kitty Hawk FINISHED 03.16.18