Guys, first thanks very much for the nice comments! Here are a few pics at daylight and one with flashlight. I have not started the exhaust decks yet, but i think i'll need to enjoy it just like that for a little while 🙂 Then i plan on some subtle weathering - very little salt weathering, oil paints, etc., but until then, here she is in its full cleanliness and satin shine:

IMG-20181024-085530.jpg

IMG-20181024-085558.jpg

IMG-20181024-085704.jpg

IMG-20181024-091558.jpg

IMG-20181024-082140.jpg

IMG-20181024-091723.jpg

IMG-20181024-205140.jpg

Edited by my favs are F`s

Yeah :) it was a completely different experience. My first time making a model of a pure bomber. Just about everything is different... The shape is for subsonic speeds, the wings are thicker, and this plane is one giant wing. I thought that it is black since I was a kid, but it's not. The proportions, of cockpit to the wings leading edge size for example, are different and all this made me feel like I made a quite different kind of a model. I liked it very much.

1 hour ago, my favs are F`s said:

Yeah 🙂 it was a completely different experience. My first time making a model of a pure bomber. Just about everything is different... The shape is for subsonic speeds, the wings are thicker, and this plane is one giant wing. I thought that it is black since I was a kid, but it's not. The proportions, of cockpit to the wings leading edge size for example, are different and all this made me feel like I made a quite different kind of a model. I liked it very much.

Beautiful. You should find some photos of the actual aircraft and do a comparison between the two. Hey this is post 1,000 for me!

Edited by Mr Matt Foley
1,000th post!

What about the display? It really keeps me wondering why such a beautiful build has no landing gear.

Or is there a trick you did not show until the finishing, which is near now.

Kind regards,

Robert Jan  

"What about the display? It really keeps me wondering why such a beautiful build has no landing gear."

Oh it has. They are even retractable to allow two display modes, in flight and parked. Checkout the making of. It's at the first page still, from this post on. While for the in-flight mode, it will be a long pylon from a wooden base. I'll take some pics in a jiffy...