F-4E TISEO-equiped

Hello Phantom Phans,

Is there a list somewhere with the serials of the F-4E's modified/equipped with the TISEO please ?

I'd like to know if 68-0408 was equipped with the TISEO in 1986.

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Edited by MarcB
On 25/02/2018 at 12:26 PM, MarcB said:

The plane then went to the Hellenic AF and I don't think any TISEO birds went to Greece.

The original order of Hellenic F-4E's included TISEO, however as explained above these were FY77 aircraft.

Edited by scotthldr

The second batch of 18 Hellenic F-4E’s that were delivered in 1978 had TISEO fitted, these were 77-1743 to 1760 and according to records these all went to 337M at Larissa. Can’t find a definitive answer but I imagine that TISEO was finally removed as a/c went through the AUP upgrade.  Ioannis Lekkas will probably know the answer.

I kinda hate to derail topics but Tiseo equipped airframes had different slats or were all the same?Cutting it short F-4F/G had all the same Tiseo equipped wing of the F-4E or not?I remember there it was some sort of Phantom wings 101 thread somewhere but lost track of it,it also had something related to underwing pylon adapter plates when no pylons were installed or something around that ^^

Luigi

45 minutes ago, Mizar said:

I kinda hate to derail topics but Tiseo equipped airframes had different slats or were all the same?Cutting it short F-4F/G had all the same Tiseo equipped wing of the F-4E or not?I remember there it was some sort of Phantom wings 101 thread somewhere but lost track of it,it also had something related to underwing pylon adapter plates when no pylons were installed or something around that ^^

Luigi

You might be thinking of the F-4S slats. They were different from the F-4E/F/G slats. 

"F-4 Wings 101" is a good idea for a pinned thread!  :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Ben