Hello all,

So I need some help, I have the Cutting Edge Pegasus conversion set and I am wondering what 1/144 L-1011 kit to use. I've been looking at what kits are out there and it looks like the Eastern Express kit is most available, but I dont know what version the drop plane was, -200 or -500 or something else. I'm more a military aircraft guy and don't know much about civil aircraft like I should. Thanks for any help given.

Duane

I’m slowly working my way through the Otaki kit as the Orbital Stargazer as well. 

Everything I read says it’s the best, just hard to find and expensive. Eastern Express has o e now for a lot less. I bought one to compare and personally think they copied the Otaki kit somehow. Except for a few differences it looks very close to the Otaki. A few different panel lines and part differences. 

I believe Revell and Airfix have one as well. 

• 11 months later...

To answer your question as to which is the correct model for the Orbital L-1011 Stargazer, I think this will help: "Stargazer" is an L-1011-1 (long fuselage) built for Air Canada as C-FTNJ, delivered in March 1974 and retired in 1990. It was also leased briefly to Air Lanka as 4R-TNJ, returned to Air Canada prior to storage in Marana in 1990, sale to and conversion to Stargazer by Orbital Sciences Corp in 1992.