1/48 F-82 Twin Mustang

There are many, many bad reviews of the Modelcraft 1/48 F-82 series, and they are warranted! With that said, while this kit does bite back, it's not insurmountable with some patience (and a lot of filling and sanding). Since this is going to be in a museum's Korean War display case behind glass, I decided to build this out of the box. This is by no means a contest winner, but it didn't turn out all that badly. I tried some new (for me) painting/weathering techniques using multiple shades of dark gray and black and then Tamiya weathering pastels for the exhaust. I was surprised when I uploaded the pictures how effective the exhaust was. It doesn't look like that on the model. It's only in the bright photography light that it comes out. That, or I'm old and my eyes are going! 

dsc-0021_4_orig.jpg

dsc-0022_4_orig.jpg

dsc-0023_4_orig.jpg

dsc-0024_4_orig.jpg

dsc-0027_3_orig.jpg

dsc-0028_2_orig.jpg

dsc-0029_3_orig.jpg

Edited by Darren Roberts

Darren,

Now that's one really impressive build. One doesn't see many F-82s built in any scale these days.  Nicely painted, and weathered to perfection. I'll 2nd what dnl42 said about the fiberglass tank weathering. It really looks weather worn. 

Joel