1/32 & 1/35 Bell 412 conversions

I agree, but in the discription is says "available in all sizes".  Not sure what that means or how  you order a different scale.  I've never used Shapeways, however, I might have to give it a go.  

Todd

I think you have to ask the author to make it available. Shapeways doesn't allow you to change scales. His items appear to be more for the R/C crowd. The 1.7 headset was around 2" long.

Arrived this morning

Looks REALLY nice...a lot of $$ I will agree, but the rotor head and swashplate details are really nice.  Parts feel a little greasy, so I suspect they will need a wash.  Overall I am very very happy with it.  It is going to go a long way to help me convert my Revell Huey one day!

Going out soon but will snap some photo's when I get back home for you all.

Cheers

Anthony 

Yes mate it is, and larger than it looks in the photo's.

I have clipped off the doghouse type upper fairing and taped it to the kit....wow what a transformation, even with that on it. And big!  The nose is being worked on, I just got to sort out the main engine cowl....

23 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Yes mate it is, and larger than it looks in the photo's.

I have clipped off the doghouse type upper fairing and taped it to the kit....wow what a transformation, even with that on it. And big!  The nose is being worked on, I just got to sort out the main engine cowl....

Are u using my kit for your conversion?

52 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Yes mate, it actually is!!!!  Sorry for the brain malfunction

52 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Yes mate, it actually is!!!!  Sorry for the brain malfunction

Happy to hear u putting it to good use....if I may, whats happening with the BK?

Surprisingly the BK gets work done on her at regular intervals.  With work ramping up in the past few years to get my old Auster T.7 rebuild moving along to fly (its an extensive ground up rebuild), the modelling had taken a back seat.  I desperately want to finish her off.  I wont start the Bell 412 until I get that BK done!

Just not enough time.....

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure the guy who converted the Panda 212 works on 412's and used the Bell-Textron lofts as a basis for the set.  I know the rotorhead, swashplate and fairing needed tweaks before going back on sale.

Hi, I believe so.  Ian wasn't prepared to order any more until it, and other items were corrected.  I was copied in on the emails between the 2 parties and both  parties were happy.  Sure looks like it will be strong enough to support the blades from what I can see.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just received some Printed 'high skids' from Heli-Scale which they upscaled for me from 35th.  Really nice detail and should hold the weight of the kit no problem.

I will post some pics later when I have time for those interested

Cheers

Anthony