Proposal: TOPGUN Group Build for the 50th Anniversary

Would you be interested in a TOPGUN group build to lead up to the 50th anniversay?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a TOPGUN group build to lead up to the 50th anniversay?

• Yes. I feel the need. The need, for speed!
    • No. I'd rather fly a cargo plane full of rubber dog s**t out of Hong Kong!

• 2 months later...

I'm in with my 1/32 TA-4J, though I do not have decals for this scale😡 I mean for an adversary unit. I could build the single TA-4J that NFWS used to operate but the paint scheme is very boring, not like the VF-126 or the VA-45 double-seat Scooters.

I propably missed it, but what were the rules again? Any Adversary-aircraft from the USN or specific ones?

I was thinking about doing a F-14 from the VF-74 in the two tone grey camo...

vf_74_f_14b_buno_163221_aggressor_camo_c

HAJO

Edited by Hajo L.
2 minutes ago, Hajo L. said:

I propably missed it, but what were the rules again? Any Adversary-aircraft from the USN or specific ones?

vf_74_f_14b_buno_163221_aggressor_camo_c

HAJO

Nice...

3 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

HAJO

The rules are:

*** Any aircraft flown at the United States Navy Fighter Weapons School, or United States Navy Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor program... Miramar or Fallon.

*** Adversary aircraft, student aircraft, as well as aircraft flown operationally by graduates of FWS are eligible.

*** Movie aircraft too.... cause this is meant to be fun, right? (this includes MiG-28s and cargo planes full of rubber dogshit out of Hong Kong)

Lastly, I'm not sure how the forum Gods work this... does the GB sub-forum open up on Saturday? I've never Moderated a group build before... I'm only the dummy that put forward the idea without knowing what he was getting into.

Edited by Raceaddict
10 minutes ago, Raceaddict said:

Lastly, I'm not sure how the forum Gods work this... does the GB sub-forum open up on Saturday? I've never Moderated a group build before... I'm only the dummy that put forward the idea without knowing what he was getting into.

It will open the day the GB starts, and you will be contacted by a GB admin.

7 hours ago, tobiK said:

Hajo, a badass Tomcat! Did you get decals for the cat?

I´m planning to use the kits-decals of the Hobbyboss F-14B in 1/72. I think most of them should be working for the two tone scheme.

HAJO

2 minutes ago, Parabat said:

GB concludes in March though, so one could eke one out.

One might, but I can't. I'm lucky if I get a model built within a year. I have so many kits started and not finished it ain't funny. But yet I'm planning on this GB. What was I thinking?

1 minute ago, tosouthern66 said:

One might, but I can't. I'm lucky if I get a model built within a year. I have so many kits started and not finished it ain't funny. But yet I'm planning on this GB. What was I thinking?

Same deal brother, that's why I signed up to this, going to need all 6 months!

I have more kits started than I do in my stash! I am just plugging

along, in the same predicament. The good news is I am only building

one for this GB and I recently finished one very similar to it, just

finished a Dutch F-16A and am doing an F-16N, both kits 1/72

Hasegawa so it should be a breeze, SHOULD!---John

I opened the box, and chose my subject

2v2Jyi9aix9awpY.jpg

It seemed like a good photo-op to snap a picture as soon as the GB starts.  I am going to build 160794 ... the Marine Corps F-5E from the Furball TOPGUN Tigers and Talons. More details in my build thread when the GB opens

13 hours ago, john53 said:

and am doing an F-16N, both kits 1/72

Hasegawa so it should be a breeze, SHOULD!---John

The 1/72 Hasegawa F-16N is an easy kit to build as is the Fujimi. The only advantage that the Fujimi kit has is it's decals' sheet. It offers a lot of options, especially SNs.

Like everybody else, I'm also from those scale modellers who have started a lot of kits but none finished! This is why if I see that I can't make my 1/32 TA-4J on time, I will go for the Fujimi F-16N. I already have the kit and the Aires cockpit.

14 hours ago, tosouthern66 said:

You could build a standard F-14A Tomcat first, put it on hold until December when Hasegawa releases the "Top Gun" kit, then paint & use the kit decals for it.