H-34 in 1/48th by Gallery Models

Yes, I like it. More detail then the Revell. Most times cheaper then the Italeri kit. I don't have any of the Italeri kits but as I recall most where Wessex types. Some reviews https://www.scalemates.com/kits/170917-gallery-models-64101-h-34-us-marines

One day I may get back to it but I started to detail out all the little things that people could change if they wanted to.

http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=22581

At the end of the end it's a nice kit.

Depending on skill level the Revell kit can be a cheap alternative but it will need some help with either scratch building or the Cobra Company set (check Lone Star Model). 

HTH

This kit isn't new, maybe re-released.  It was originally released in 2012.  It is a very nice kit though.  I reviewed their H-34D Antarctic version a while ago.  It is the same basic plastic and loooks really nice.

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=11369

Edited by HeavyArty

I finished the Navy one, it's a fine kit, perhaps a tad too detailed and I had trouble getting the fuselage to fit perfectly on the bottom along the tailboom, I sanded the floor piece well short of the attachment point in the tail and it still struggled to align.

And the rotor just sort of sits on top, the lower swash-plate not being very good for support.

In all it builds into a very nice looking model though!

The only problem I saw that was noticeable to me was that it's missing the collective lever that goes to the left of the pilot's seat(s). I've got the USAF Rescue version:

HH-34_J_1s_zpsn0cjnkbl.jpg

I find the overall ADC Gray finish to be particularly attractive.

Thanks guys.

I have an old Revell/Germany UH-34D release that looks that looks respectable - with the old Cutting Edge aftermarket interior/bent legs set.

Nonetheless, one of these would be good to have.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

You sure about it being Cutting Edge? I thought Cobra Company was the only one to do a set.

It does get confusing....Cobra may have a made a set, I bought what I think was the earliest one available - Cutting Edge - marketed as an H-34/Wessex set.

Nonetheless, either way -  the credit goes to Chief Snake...he made the masters.

Cutting Edges H-34 2.jpg

Edited by Whirlybird
2 hours ago, Whirlybird said:

It does get confusing....Cobra may have a made a set, I bought what I think was the earliest one available - Cutting Edge - marketed as an H-34/Wessex set.

Nonetheless, either way -  the credit goes to Chief Snake...he made the masters.

Cutting Edges H-34 2.jpg

Post photos of the inside of the box please.