Eduard Self Adhesive Photo Etch - Tips?

I am working on the Italeri 1/32 F-104A/C and have the Big Ed sets for it. Are there any suggestions for working with the self adhesive etch for the cockpit, particularly the really small knobs and switches? I read through Mike Ashey's article on it, but he glossed over the switches.

Vern

I don't like the SA stuff. I remove it and affix it as per regular PE with Superglue or Gator Grip acrylic glue. For the small bits If possible I use a micro drill bit and make a hole to put knobs and similar bits in. this helps keep them in place...

3 hours ago, admiralcag said:

I may end up gluing everything with CA in the end. Let me ask it this way:

It looks like I have to twist an fold some parts, like part 12 - 39651703805_28d583dd2f_c.jpg

Will they hold up to the abuse?

Vern

you get 1 sometimes 2 shots at folding them...

20 hours ago, spejic said:

In the sets I purchased the grey they used wasn't anything like the greys cockpits were actually painted. A pretty close match is RLM 76.

I usually look for Dream model or Beaver model colored PE. Their colors are closer to the actual thing. Unfortunately, they do make many different aircraft cockpits.