Duke Cunningham has a website

5 minutes ago, Winnie said:

I didn't say that though.

Chuck DeBellevue is credited with 6 kills, he was a WSO on F-4's I believe. Still no matter, Duke Cunningham and Willie Driscoll DID shoot down 5, to be the first to do so in that particular conflict. No one can take that away from him. Just like John McKain spent years in Hanoi Hilton. Can't take that away, just because on may not agree with their policies later.

Cheers

H.

Big difference between McCain and "Duke".   McCain's "policies" didn't land him in federal prison.   To somehow insinuate that both guys are in the same league is pretty bad.   Got no issue with recognizing that Cunningham was an ace, the issue I had was that his self-glorifying website conveniently ignores his later transgressions.  I personally have no use for the guy, feel that he's a bum.  Others feel differently.   So be it.  

I had no intent to use it as a smear on McCain, I personally love the guy. My meaning was that just because he is a politician, doesn't erase the fact that he spent years in Hanoi Hilton.

And yes, Duke Cunningham is a douchebag for what he did, but he still has 5 kills, and was the first to get them. That is all I care about.

59 minutes ago, Winnie said:

but he still has 5 kills, and was the first to get them. That is all I care about.

And he will probably hold the distinction as the last Naval Aviator to be an ace.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:10 AM, Winnie said:

"... just because he is a politician, doesn't erase the fact that he spent years in Hanoi Hilton.

Had a friend (now deceased) who was in Hanoi with McCain for many years. Used to talk about how he was a politician then too.