How to take pics of your models using LED lighting.

I am no genius when it comes to computers(I'm 77)but I am trying to find the best way to put up my pictures.All my pics are 3000X4000 in Imgur and I have to reduce the size one by one.Is there any way of reducing them in groups.Thanks, Cheers! John.

All my images are of 1/16th scale models.

This image is of the tail being held down with a sandbag as the aircraft is being held in a flying position which was not uncommon while it is being temporarily rigged.The aircraft would then be broken down again for the applying the fabric. 

As I mentioned to you in your own thread, you can post more pix ... more than 1 image per posting.

To reduce the size, you need to do that when you first load them onto your computer.

Or-r-r ... adjust your camera to take lower resolution pictures ... that would be the easiest way. Check the manual ... 

As I said before, it's mildly annoying to have to read separate posts for text and then another for the picture.

Write the text and then include the image in the same post! 

think of us viewers!  :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

Pete

Lighting aircraft models using LED.I have been experimenting with the use of LED.This is strip lighting that is very useful in many ways for lighting your models and was originally used for under counter lighting.The strips can be cut to length and can be installed almost anywhere.They generate very little heat and are very safe.

I use them for single models both plastic and wood, internally and externally.All of the Albatros pics above were lighted with conventual bulbs as they were built before the LED revolution.The little self-made box with a glass top below is used as a fill lightbox.

XxMRLe2l.jpg

Edited by JohnReid
text added
  • JohnReid changed the title to How to take pics of your models using LED lighting.

Thank you spejic .I never intended to do so as I like the high quality of the result. I have over 4,500 pics in, Imgur,mostly modeling,  and they are 99%all very large 3000X4000.It has caused me problems over the years but now it is quite easy to change the size.I enjoy taking nice pics of my models maybe even more than modeling them and they don't gather dust and deteriorate over the years.Cheers! John.

Edited by JohnReid
text
10 hours ago, spejic said:

Try Irfanview, an excellent picture viewer that can perform many batch operations, such as resize.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Don't set your camera to take smaller images. You want the big images for your own use, you just want smaller copies to show on the web.

Thanks! it looks great.Cheers! John.