If we could convince Gary from GT models to do a 1/48 F-105B conversion, would you consider doing an F-105B sheet?  I wonder if other people would be interested in this, or just me?

Thanks

Corey

that's a little bit out of my genre, Corey.  I have zero references for that type, but am willing to consider it if there is interest.

Jake

On 3/4/2018 at 12:36 PM, Falconxlvi said:

I’d be interested.  I would love to see some marking for 334th and 335th TFS F-105’s!

I have a few pics of 335th F-105Bs that show pilot names. As far as I've been able to learn, the 333rd, 334th, and 336th F-105Bs didn't have any kind of squadron markings like the 335th had. They were all pretty generic. I also have a few good photos of 4th TFW D-models in NMF, silver laccquer, and early SEA camouflage.

If Gary scales down his 1/32 B conversion, he'll need to tweak it a little. The instrument panel on the B was different from the D and the tail didn't have the ECM fairings that are on his resin part. I can't tell from the photos if the cooling intake at the base of the fin on the resin tail is correct for the B (the B intake was larger).  EDIT: Based on photos below, the fin intake size was reduced by the time the ANG got the jets. While the 4th had them, there was also some sort of sealing panels between the speed brake petals, that sealed the gaps when they were partially opened when the afterburner was selected.

Jake, if you're interested, I'll be happy to share what I have on 4th TFW Thuds. Have I already sent you what I have on their Ds and Vietnam-era Es (including the MiG Killer)?

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully there would be room for the 108th TFW/141st TFS - NJ ANG - on the sheet.  I'd be very happy with just the white "New Jersey" lettering and the wing and squadron badges, maybe as a "bonus" portion?

-Derek

I agree with Derek, I would really hope for some NJANG B's too.  Most are pretty easy to do as the markings are minimal although there was at least one cool looking Bicentennial airplane with a blue tail.  I've been going back through my references looking for Jersey airplane photos.  Names on canopy rails might be the hardest part, though I'm not sure all the planes had names.

Corey

I’ve got a few 35mm slides (already scanned to digital, high resolution) of the NJ ANG bird I’d like to model if they will be of any assistance!  It’s in SEA camouflage of course!

-Derek

Edited by viking73

Here she is again, some 30+ years later, having been retired and used as a BDR airframe.  At least she is still around...  I'd like to build how she looked in happier times of course!

-Derek

RfsXn8O.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well, I think I'm about to start my 1/32 F-105B soon.  I sure would love to see some NJ ANG decals 🙂  I don't suppose you have anything in the pipeline for the "B" model Thud, Jake?

Thank you.

-Derek