GWH F-15C Oregon ANG kit not having missiles?

Hi all

I just bought this kit on E-bay, and opened it up to find that it does not have any missiles. Is this normal? I thought there were supposed to be two AIM-120B's, two AIM-120C's and two AIM-9X included. Any thought on this, and if it does not include them, is there a way to get a hold of GWH to request the parts? 

Aaron 

Maybe they're expecting to go the way Hasegawa did. Don't include any weapons in the kit, then later, release a few weapons sets that people will buy. That being said, I don't see why you couldn't use weapons from other kits, including the Hasegawa weapons sets. It probably saves GWH money, by not including weapons, cutting molds costs money… :dontknow:

2 hours ago, DonSS3 said:

Maybe they're expecting to go the way Hasegawa did. Don't include any weapons in the kit, then later, release a few weapons sets that people will buy. That being said, I don't see why you couldn't use weapons from other kits, including the Hasegawa weapons sets. It probably saves GWH money, by not including weapons, cutting molds costs money… :dontknow:

Well, yeah, I can use weapons from other kits. That isn't a problem. But the 'regular' ANG kit comes with the missiles I stated in the OP. So the molds are already cut. And the kit was not exactly cheap. So, I kind of expected them to be in there, and just wanted to check and see if my kit had been missed somehow.

Aaron 

Hey Aaron,

I did the same thing when I bought the GWH kit of the PDX ANG boxing for Claw Huang after he retired.  I was able to get mine cheaper from their original  ANG boxing, but I thought the same thing!

still a great kit, so I'll have to source armament from aftermarket suppliers or the spares box!

Brad

3 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

GWH does this with big decal option releases. It is "normal" so ebay seller was ok.  Their tiger tail Mig-29AS does not have any weapons either. 

Must be something recent as I have 3 different Special boxings and besides decals they all have the same plastic contents....They should reconsider this cause as the OP said the kits are not cheap and in most instances they are more than the regular boxings...

Frankly, I am actually ok with their approach.

They have kid of 3 "tiers" for their F-15 releases.

"Regular" releases with weapons and quite a few decal options. $$$

"Lite" releases with no weapons (or no single piece missiles) and less/different decal options. $$

"Special" releases with crazy decals, no weapons (or no single piece missiles): $$ or $$$. 

Especially for me, this is perfect because with busy decals I rather have no weapons on my models and releases do not become more expensive. 

The boxing that I picked up was right around 75 dollars. I bought it on E-bay, but looked around a bit on Lucky Model and a few other sites...All were about the same price for the 75th boxing. The "regular" boxing was 109 on E-bay. Aside from the decals, I thought the plastic would be the same, which is why I bought that one...It was cheaper, and I'm using A/M decals anyway. But, now I feel a little "cheated" I guess, as I now have to source the weapons from somewhere else, which means either A) more money for aftermarket, or B) pulling them from other kits, which means I have to find MORE weapons when I get to the kit(s) that I'm pulling them from. 

Aaron 

On 3/4/2018 at 6:31 PM, strikeeagle801 said:

The boxing that I picked up was right around 75 dollars. I bought it on E-bay, but looked around a bit on Lucky Model and a few other sites...All were about the same price for the 75th boxing. The "regular" boxing was 109 on E-bay. Aside from the decals, I thought the plastic would be the same, which is why I bought that one...It was cheaper, and I'm using A/M decals anyway. But, now I feel a little "cheated" I guess, as I now have to source the weapons from somewhere else, which means either A) more money for aftermarket, or B) pulling them from other kits, which means I have to find MORE weapons when I get to the kit(s) that I'm pulling them from. 

Aaron 

You didn't think it was odd that the regular boxing is over a hundred and you expected the same content for $25 less?

Something to keep in mind:

If it's a special scheme (Oregon ANG for example) which was done up for an anniversary..it probably wouldn't have weapons. I only ever saw that jet, in person, with pylons and a ACMI pod. 

The GWH F-15 Special Edition with Jeff Hwang's markings does have weapons, as those jets were combat coded and not in a training unit. 

So..there's that. 

3 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

You didn't think it was odd that the regular boxing is over a hundred and you expected the same content for $25 less?

No, I didn't. Frankly, you can find different prices for the same things all across the internet...Right? So no, I did not find it odd. I know that Hasegawa does not put weapons in their modern releases, but having done my research on the regular boxings of GWH kits, all had weapons, and none had any indication that the "special" releases had anything more or less in them, other than the different decals. I could not find a single review on the OR ANG 75th anniversary boxing that would tell me any different. 

Aaron 

On 3/3/2018 at 10:49 PM, viper730 said:

Just looked on Hobby Search http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10426817 looks like the answer is no weapons in this boxing...kinda sucks ....

Kind of mis-leading. If you look at that link, it does not show weapons in the pictures, but mentions them in the description. 

Another drop tank × 3, AIM-120C, AIM-9M, comes with each missile AIM-9X
- F100PW-220 engine × with 2 groups detachable
- 1 aircraft entering

Anyway, I went ahead and took the advice given above, and contacted the GWH rep through Facebook. He said that they don't support parts replacement at this time, as it is very expensive to ship small packages to the States from China. However, he had one in his collection, and is building it as an early F-15A with AIM-9L's and AIM-7's, and he offered me the missiles and decals I needed for my project. That is GREAT customer service, and he certainly helped me make up my mind concerning any future purchases from GWH. 

Aaron 

20 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Something to keep in mind:

If it's a special scheme (Oregon ANG for example) which was done up for an anniversary..it probably wouldn't have weapons. I only ever saw that jet, in person, with pylons and a ACMI pod. 

Well not really.  The squadrons aren't allowed to use the special scheme jets purely for the airshow circuit, so they fly typical sorties during the week.  In the case of K Falls, their anniversary jet was in the daily schedule training the kids with the rest of the jets.  Ordnance loads depend on the phase of training and point in the syllabus.

Jake