1/48 Sukhoi Su-30MKI Flanker

Here's my Su-30MKI based on the Academy kit. I used Sol, A.M.U.R Reaver, Neomega, Fairy Hobby, Eduard, Begemot, Aires, AKAN paints, Metallic Details and various other Flanker bits.  It was quite a fight to get it all together but I'm glad I finally managed, it's a Flanker I always wanted on the shelf.

The AKAN paints for this particular Su-30MKI Bort 01 and the second prototype 06 were excellent and Begemot had both the demonstrator's decals, I think there's something to be said for companies that produce such niche items for kits that don't really exist without some aftermarket and elbow grease.

I think now I'll reward myself with a well deserved, relaxing build of one of the latest 1/48 Flanker family that arrived last week.

Thanks for looking.

yad10vx.jpgn0gPE0h.jpg?1MY2g5w0.jpgbxhQeOo.jpgDfJBTpc.jpgP2Mn2Z8.jpgViqrBQw.jpgbTsNWY7.jpgmvozevC.jpgsKwAgsT.jpgcQ36zJh.jpgrS88XTV.jpgqJPmCmL.jpgfD2CnCG.jpgS0tLycD.jpg

Incredibly beautiful... and not an easy work there, good old Sol - ancient history these days between all those new flanker kits. therefore it is realy nice to see someone using it.

I remember my Su-33 conversion and the amount of work there

thanks for sharing

• 2 years later...
On 3/9/2021 at 10:52 AM, Aigore said:

Great work bringing that Academy kit up to snuff! Awesome work and I might use your FABs for reference when I make mine some day 😄

Thanks! It was a bit of a Frankenstein build with so many aftermarkets involved.  Give me a holler if you want build photos anytime.

• 1 year later...