Thoughts on the AFV Club F-5 series And Furball

Saw the new Furball Sheet for  VFC-111's  F-5N's, some really cool schemes on there, I think Geoff had the AFV Club kit in mind. Anyone know if it will work for those F-5N's the sheet depicts...I was looking at the Swiss F-5E  in particular. 

18 minutes ago, viper730 said:

Saw the new Furball Sheet for  VFC-111's  F-5N's, some really cool schemes on there, I think Geoff had the AFV Club kit in mind. Anyone know if it will work for those F-5N's the sheet depicts...I was looking at the Swiss F-5E  in particular. 

I believe the "MiG-28" AFV F-5 kit has the proper parts for the Sundowners F-5's

The Swiss Tiger kit SHOULD work for you. I say "should" since I have not personally inspected the kit. However, the box art shows that the Swiss jet has the late style modifications, and so far that I've seen, AFV is spot on with getting the necessary mods correct. The ROKAF version should have the mods as well.  If you can find the release with Sundowners jet on the cover, that one has the mods for sure (I've got a stack of this release). The ones that you do not want to model an F-5N/late F are the E or F release with USAF jets as the art work. They are both early version F-5s with the old style round nose, and no wing root LEXs. HTH, Fred K.

Building the AFV F-5F right now.  Great little kit that is a little over-engineered, but still a fun and well detailed build.  Just take your time.

I got the black primer coat on last night.

Here is a WIP so far:

Cheers

Collin

Hi everyone,

Just a heads up...... Academy recently re-released the AFV F-5E kit as a "KF-5E" under their brand. It can be had on ebay for around $40 shipped. This kit has the modifications that you will need to build any of the Sundowners F-5N's on the excellent Furball sheet  :thumbsup:  

Collin....... please post a pic of your F when its done. Below is a pic of the one that I did for the aggressor group build a few years back ;0) Fred.

rsz_1rsz_dscn1315.jpg