Modelsvit T10-10 Flanker prototype 1/72 scale

Just finished - the excellent 1/72 scale T10-10 Flanker prototype from Modelsvit.......

T10_045.jpg

This really is the best yet from Modelsvit - crisp moulding with nice engraved panel detail, etched brass parts, self adhesive masks - a complete package.

T10_047.jpg

T10_051.jpg

T10_053.jpg

The anti-FOD guard on the nosewheel is realistically done - with a separate wheel and the guard in two halves - unlike the one-piece moulding on some Flanker kits.

Spot the difference - first and latest Flankers - T10-10 and Su-35S........

T10_057.jpg

More photos - build and finished model - here.

WIP thread - here.

Ken

Such an interesting model! I'm not a big fan of protos and other experimental things but this kit has gotten my attention. Very well executed too, Ken!

I still remember reading Jane's hefty "All the world's aircraft" book at the local library as a kid - when this plane was still known as RAM-K! 

It was a bit of a dog, apparently.

Not meeting the spec in many areas - the design team wanted to 'tinker' with it to fix some of its issues - but Mikhail Simonov took the bold (and potentially career-ending) decision to go for a complete re-design.

Almost none of the original airframe was left after it was transformed into the world-beating T10S / Su-27 Flanker that we know and love today.

Ken