online store reputation query: super-hobby.com from poland

I have an order coming from them that was mailed on January 19th and still hasn't got to Canada Post, according to the tracking number. However they did give a tracking number and it has left Poland according to their postal tracking  so I suspect it is sitting in Canada customs somewhere and not yet provided to Canada Post even though the projected delivery period was between February 14th and today. Just a warning not to expect quick delivery. Other stuff I've ordered  from other Polish shops have taken a while too. This is my first order from them and I can't say yes or no since no results yet but it certainly isn't fast.........

P.S. I ordered from Hannants a few days before and had it by February 1st and have had two orders from Hobbyeasy in Hong Kong that both came in just over a week (amazing speed) as comparisons......

Edited by RCAFFAN

I've not yet ordered from Super-Hobby, so I can't comment on their service. Hannants is great. I've had stuff arrive at my door in northern Alberta, Canada, 10 days after placing the order. That's over twice as fast as Squadron, from Texas.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Just to follow-up, got my Order from Super-Hobby today and all that was ordered was delivered and was well packed so no complaints other than the slow delivery. Mailed January 19th/18 in Poland and delivered in Calgary, Canada on March 19th/18 so essentially two months to arrive. New phrase "slow boat from Poland" comes to mind but they do deliver and there was a tracking number, just in limbo from leaving Poland to getting to Canada Post a few days ago. I would say okay to Order from them but only if you're not in a hurry...

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN

Bruce,

Thanks for the feedback!  I do appreciate it.

As I just received 1 GW f-15c, and 2 Kinetic F/A-18's from my order with luckymodel placed the day after christmas, I believe I proved (at least for once) I am a patient man!

Couple of years ago, I had an order from Hannants that took almost two months to arrive. I had thought it was lost so I mailed them. Their customer service said a lot of buyers from Canada had this complaint but the package will arrive eventually. It did arrive 3 weeks after my email.

This was 2015. May be some time Customs in a given country randomly hold back shipments from a certain country of origin. Otherwise it must not take two months to arrive from UK. 

41 minutes ago, stalal said:

Couple of years ago, I had an order from Hannants that took almost two months to arrive. I had thought it was lost so I mailed them. Their customer service said a lot of buyers from Canada had this complaint but the package will arrive eventually. It did arrive 3 weeks after my email.

This was 2015. May be some time Customs in a given country randomly hold back shipments from a certain country of origin. Otherwise it must not take two months to arrive from UK. 

Don't get me going on Customs Canada or Canada Post.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Well, just as a follow up, I placed a small order for 3 attack squadron Polish Air Force upgrade sets for the tamiya F-16C, and am completely satisfied.  

I did spring for priority shipping, and received my order on time!  

Thanks for all of the feedback!

Probably a Canadian Customs thing as tracking at both ends usually show that the post offices work pretty fast and well but they can't work while stuff sits in limbo in customs. I have a parcel coming from England that left Heathrow on March 28th for Vancouver and now appears in customs limbo as Canada Post certainly hasn't received it yet based on the tracking. I usually get stuff from England in 10 days or so(not tracked) and this is the exception so I don't know if tracking is the problem or just slow customs in this case but any delays are usually customs related.....

Edited by RCAFFAN

I ordered from them.  It took longer than expected but an order did arrive.  Unfortunately it wasn't my order.  The issue was quickly cleared up by me taking pictures of the box contents beside the invoice.  They sent out the correct part within a couple days.  Unfortunately I have yet to receive it but I am very sure its on the way.

• 2 weeks later...