Since Z-M has announced an F-4E, and assuming they release a slatted version with TISEO, how about an ARN-101 conversion (spine antenna fairing, new rear instrument panel, new WSO's right console with keypad)? 

Also, all of their F-4s need some cockpit sidewall detail. Perhaps drop-in parts to work with the kit cockpit, since it is already very good.

I'll see what else I can come up with while I'm sitting on my backside, waiting for my meeting to start. :naughty:

Thanks,

Ben

Hey Ben,

All of that stuff will come in various versions form ZM.   As for the side wall details,  you cannot see what it there to begin with.   The only thing to add in my opinion is the Canopy locking details and that is to fine to make in resin.  We need a PE supplier to make those for us.   I hav thought of a new top part to replace the kit part, but in 1/48 it is a way away.

High now I ma making 100 sets of intakes and exhausts a week and cannot keep up with sales......a great problem to have for sure.   Many thanks to all of you guys.

Are you going to the Phantom Phurball on April 7th in Aniston, AL??  if so I will bring your short exhausts to you. 

Hi Gary,

Definitely a good problem to have with the intake production! 

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it all the way out to AL.  If you'll PM the amount for the exhausts to me, I'll get it in the mail to you ASAP.

Thanks!

Ben

7 hours ago, ThePhantomTwo said:

I would suggest ANYTHING for the Academy cockpits,that was the biggest let down of their Phantom kits.

Yes. The cockpit was a step up from Hasegawa's in a few areas, but they missed an opportunity to really do it right. Of course, so did Z-M, since they don't provide any of the heavy canopy frame detail, either. 

Ben

On 3/13/2018 at 10:48 AM, ThePhantomTwo said:

I'm looking more at very noticeable sidewall detail, like the rear circuit breaker panels and such. The canopy detail would be a plus as well.

Hypersonic makes canopy frames for the Hasegawa and the Academy kits.  Very nice!

True,with the release of the Z-M kits,my Hasegawa kits will regulated to canopy closed,out of the box builds(well,maybe resin intakes and exhausts) with maybe the exception of USN/USMC builds(with *maybe* 1-2 of those),I might build up the Academy C/D kits but I'm going to to focus on the Z-M kit and just putter with the Academy kit.

I was a crew chief on F-4C's(former WW C's)and E's so I will focus on those jets to build first,a C Mig-Killer from our unit(63-7623 using Jake's sheet),a E(probably my jet,68-0490,using Jake's sheet as a basis)and one of our ex-WW jets using multiple sheets,even though 565 is tempting since it's now one of our gate guards and I know General Hettlinger and his family(served with his two sons and him,my father served with him for 30+ years,his daughter served at Ft.Wayne).I'll definitely be getting several of your WW C's sets,I'll definitely need them for my 181st TFG C builds.

• 1 month later...