747 1/144 newbee advice needed, please

Hello all

Last week I bought a box of old, partly build models of E-Bay...super cheap. I was mainly aiming at the 1/72 scale Revell Space Shuttle that was part of the deal. There was also a Revell 747-400 in the box that was missing parts and is beyond economical repair. But handling it made me want to build one going fwd. Now I have looked at various offers of 747 in general and came across the newer 747-8 models from Revell and Zvezda . I have also read hints that the Zvezda kit has small issues but I have so far not found an in debth review about what those are. A link to such a review would be highly appriciated.

thanks

Uwe

Edited by anj4de

Thanks a lot gentlemen...:-)

I will look around to see what is offered. Since both models are soo similar I think the only question is if I like the kit decals and then the price.  Zvezda has boring decals, Revell though has a rather nice "special" version on offer from the soccer WM 2014...and even though I am not into soccer at all it looks cool!

thanks

Uwe

PS: Also toying with the idea of kit bashing a -8 with the -400 just because of the super cool "Ed Force One" version! :-)

Edited by anj4de

Hi again

Saturday I made an "impulse buy"...747SCA with Shuttle for 19.95... This kit is the 1977 Space Shuttle mold with, I am sure, a 1960s 747-100 mold. The molds have had it, the 747 is completely covered in flesh! :-(  I started on one engine only to find out that it needs it's weight again in putty to get the parts togther. BUT...I am not giving up. There are replacement engines out there, I fould Welsh Models and Bra Z. Models. Any other that can be recommened and which ones are the best for an early Jumbo? Not sure if I will go for an SCA or maybe get decals for one of the very early PanAm or TWA birds...

thanks

Uwe