50th Anniversary 1st Lunar Landing GB

First Lunar Landing 50th Anniversary GB  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Wanna do a Spacecraft?

• YES, I wanna try something different
    • NO, I'm not interested

I'm curious to see if there's more interest in a Group Build celebrating the First Lunar Landing of July 20th 1969 ... for next year 2019.

This GB would celebrate the spectacular aerospace achievement, by the USA, of landing a man on the moon and returning him safely to the Earth.

The GB would start in February and end in July 2019.

I ran it up the flagpole to see if anybody would salute in the Real Space Forum and we have a lot of interest there.

What I'm thinking is just Spacecraft, Launch Vehicles, Trainers, and Astronaut Figures.

No Aircraft

No Tracked vehicles

No Cars

So Apollos 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.

LLTV (Lunar Landing Training Vehicle)

LRV (Lunar Roving Vehicle)

Saturn V

Saturn 1B

Apollo Spacecraft (CSM and LM)

If you have a model already started, that's okay with me. 54% done or 86% done, good. Finish it in the GB. So if you want to start a complicated kit now, go ahead, the Anniversary will happen even if the GB doesn't. I don't know if the 25% completion qualification is a general rule, but it won't apply here.

I've done a few LMs and can recommend aftermarket items, 3D prints included, to make your model sparkle!

Any questions or suggestions, fire away.

Pete

Edited by K2Pete

Burlington? I'm in St Catharines ... will you be attending HeritageCon in a couple weeks?

We've still got just about a year till the GB's potential start, so you'll have time to reduce your stash a little more!  :rolleyes:

Pete