All,

Since 1968 was a very turmoil filled and historically significant year, what about a anniversary recognition group build of the TET Offensive anniversary?  I saw the lunar walk GB and thought about one to recognize this event from 1968.  This was just an idea that popped into my head and if is is offensive ao anyone here, please delete this post.  Cheers!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen) 

Ken,

I did Tet in 68 & 69, and honestly I'd have to think about this one for a very long while. Might be interesting for some folks, and maybe a good history lesson. 

Now you are aware that the 50th anniversary is over a month ago? Might think about the "post Tet counteroffensive". That that'll take you into the summer offensive, and so on till the rains came.  

gary

Gary,

I was thinking more of the timeline 1968, instead of actual anniversary date.  I had the idea of one of the model contests that I went to one time where the theme award for the show was where all aircraft and armor was in service during the year 1968.  Or a car or truck that was in production during the model year 1968.  I was just thinking it might be a way to incorporate some of the other modeling genres that are covered here on ARC.  I meant no offense what so ever.  Sorry.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

17 hours ago, SonyKen said:

Gary,

I was thinking more of the timeline 1968, instead of actual anniversary date.  I had the idea of one of the model contests that I went to one time where the theme award for the show was where all aircraft and armor was in service during the year 1968.  Or a car or truck that was in production during the model year 1968.  I was just thinking it might be a way to incorporate some of the other modeling genres that are covered here on ARC.  I meant no offense what so ever.  Sorry.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Ken,

Please never think I was offended. I think I've actually put it in the ground. 

Take this to mind (for all you Tet builders). Some area saw about 14 days of chaos, and some areas saw six weeks of chaos. My particular area saw  two to three hard weeks, and then the other guys saw eight weeks of chaos (spring offensive). I honestly think two or three battles that everyone wants to do; fails to represent the true picture. Tet was really a huge assembly of small battles that maybe lasted a week. Yes there was rubber plantations, Cholon, and the Race Track that went on long after the rest of us declared victory. Plus a few places stayed engaged for most of the year. 

I was placed on Gator about five miles south of Chu Lai. Chu Lai was hit very hard, and was pretty much shut down for about four or five days. Then it was business as usual with an air strike leaving every fifteen minutes 24/7. Only reason it took that long was to refill the POL and put the fires out in the bomb dump.  Yet up on the DMZ, nothing seemed to change much. I doubt they even knew there was a Tet Offensive <g>. 

gary