Nose weight for 1/48 Tamiya F-14?

Doesn't the Tamiya kit come with a separate nose cone? Leave it for last and see if the kit sits properly without weight, unless you're adding a resin pit or radar or something, in which case you probably won't need it. If all else fails...

"Is perfectly balanced plane, he is just eager for sky!"

I would bet that you still won’t need any weight. You’re not just adding the resin parts, you’re replacing the plastic ones. The parts you’re using don’t have a big pour block on them like a cockpit tub would, and resin really isn’t all that dense. I have a Tamiya F-14 without any external stores or tanks, and at present it has no seats or crew, and it doesn’t sit on its tail even with the wings swept all the way aft.

Update to my previous post about no additional weight needed. Now my brother emailed me that he did indeed put some nose weight in his build, and he's glad he did as it's still just barely leans toward the nose when he tested it yesterday.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

I used the KASL wing set. Wasn't sure if that would move a lot of weight forward so used some weight. Almost forgot and waited until after the forward fuselage was together, but managed to sneak some in just behind the canopy. Glad to hear that the kit normally doesn't need weight. I was unsure if I added enough (kit is unfinished awaiting new VF-1 Wolfpack decals from Fightertown).