pics/info for American MiG-29's

Are there any pictures or descriptions of the paint scheme for the MiG-29's that the Air Force has? I have an Academy kit that's ready for paint and really don't want to do it in Russian markings. Before I opted for a Whif, I thought I'd see if I could find the scheme for one that actually flies. I'm being cheap and don't want to purchase any aftermarket decals. This kit has been sitting on the shelf for closing in on ten years and I don't want to put any extra money into it.

I am not sure that the USAF ever fielded an aggressor Squadron of Fulcrums. I know they completely disassembled the airframes they got from Moldavia. I also know that they (and other NATO forces) flew training missions against Luftwaffe Fulcrums. But, I think there are only two airworthy Fulcrums in the US and both are in private hands that I know of. This article may help though:

https://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/truth-about-mig-29-180952403/?page=3

HTH, 

Rick

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:58 PM, Darren Roberts said:

Are there any pictures or descriptions of the paint scheme for the MiG-29's that the Air Force has? I have an Academy kit that's ready for paint and really don't want to do it in Russian markings. Before I opted for a Whif, I thought I'd see if I could find the scheme for one that actually flies. I'm being cheap and don't want to purchase any aftermarket decals. This kit has been sitting on the shelf for closing in on ten years and I don't want to put any extra money into it.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, madmanrick said:

I am not sure that the USAF ever fielded an aggressor Squadron of Fulcrums. I know they completely disassembled the airframes they got from Moldavia. I also know that they (and other NATO forces) flew training missions against Luftwaffe Fulcrums. But, I think there are only two airworthy Fulcrums in the US and both are in private hands that I know of. This article may help though:

https://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/truth-about-mig-29-180952403/?page=3

HTH, 

Rick

I wouldn't be surprised if there may be a couple of Fulcrum-Cs still flying out of Groom Lake/Area 51/Dreamland, it's well known (and photographed) that Flankers still fly there, at least as of last year. I have yet to see any clear pictures of those aircraft to help with painting or markings. There was a website called Desertsecrets.com that did post a few pictures of Russian fighters, but that site no longer exists.

This website, however, has pictures of some of the Moldovan Migs at the time of their delivery to the US in 1997. It also has some pictures of privately owned MiGs here in the US, and the serial numbers of the Fulcrums delivered to the USAF from Moldova, and the status (if known) of them.

https://area51trips.blogspot.com/2017/01/mig-29s-in-us.html

Cool Idea! I have a lot of MiG-29 pictures from here in the US but they are all in Russian markings so no help there. But if i ever became a multi millionaire I would buy the MiG-29UB that is for sale in Florida and repaint it in East German markings and fly (or be flown) around in it. Or... if I kept it hangered in Florida then maybe do Cuban markings and get some good in flight close up shots of F-15's and F-22's around there. :wave:

migpiolt.jpg

(my favorite hero shot)

Edited by The Dude