136 FIS F-4D NY ANG Rhino Decal Source (1/48)

Does anyone know if anyone other than Cutting Edge did decals for the 136 FIS NY ANG F-4D with the rhino on the nose in 1/48?    It's the later Hill Grey F-4 with the "ZZ" Top looking tail letters and Niagara Falls on the fin cap.   The Cutting Edge decal seems to be as rare as hens teeth.

23 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I think Speed Hunter Graphics is going to have that scheme on an upcoming sheet, so you might be in luck. This is the scheme Drifterdon is after.

rhino1_orig.jpg

That is exactly the scheme that I am after.   Thanks Darren.   I'm assuming this is your build.   To borrow your term.   NOICE!!!

4 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

Thanks guys. It's the ESCI kit with a Hasegawa cockpit shoehorned in and resin seats and nozzles.

That is the ESCI kit!   No way.  You sir have some mad skills to get that old war horse of a kit to turn out this nice.

I am sure some one else released  Niagara Falls decals many moons ago but it may have been the multi coloured version.  Old Afterburner?

Darren that is a nice model. I have built the ESCI kit too (as VF-74 because I loved the Devil head on the tail) many years ago and found it nice, well except for the cockpit. I used a Monogram cockpit as I did not want to rob my Hasegawa kits. It fit pretty good into the ESCI kit.

The late model Niagara jets were only ever released by Cutting Edge. I just watch them on Ebay, and picked mine up last year for about $15. Not too bad, the rainbow tail has been done a few times, but CE is it for this scheme....you can probably twist Jake's arm...

Jeff

Stylized representation of the Niagra Falls waterfalls, hence not the letters ZZ, represented through blue and green traditionally associated with the color of water. 

10 minutes ago, Niels said:

Stylized representation of the Niagra Falls waterfalls, hence not the letters ZZ, represented through blue and green traditionally associated with the color of water. 

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Nicely done. When they got their F-16's, they changed up the pattern.

8792050_orig.jpg

Edited by Darren Roberts
9 minutes ago, Niels said:

The rainbow tailmarking was also a representation of the rainbow nearly always seen due to the water mist from the waterfall ;)

Outstanding knowledge, sir. Outstanding! Most associate the rainbow markings with ADC Gray jets, but I've seen pictures of SEA jets with the rainbow tail. I've also seen ADC jets with the ZZ markings.

52 minutes ago, Niels said:

The rainbow tailmarking was also a representation of the rainbow nearly always seen due to the water mist from the waterfall ;)

Oddly I just assumed everyone knew that. Based on replies to you others didn’t know.

9 hours ago, jefropas said:

The late model Niagara jets were only ever released by Cutting Edge. I just watch them on Ebay, and picked mine up last year for about $15. Not too bad, the rainbow tail has been done a few times, but CE is it for this scheme....you can probably twist Jake's arm...

Jeff

Lucky you, I look weekly for this sheet in 1/48.

I had it in 1/32 at one time. A google search doesn’t even bring up and image of it.

42 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

So once Scooby gets taken care of, is there a chance I get in on this looking at shows?

Take care of Drifterdon first, this was his thread.

I'm betting Jake will produce this decal.